Author Topic: Ron Paul Does Not Rule Out A Third-Party Run  (Read 1307 times)

FSBlueApocalypse

• Podcast Co-Hosts
  • Bogometer: -15
    • View Profile
    • Libertarian Party of Duval County
Ron Paul Does Not Rule Out A Third-Party Run
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/27/ron_paul_will_not_rule_out_a_third-party_run.html

Honestly, if he doesn't get the Republican nomination I think running as an Independent or grabbing a 3rd party nomination may do more damage than good at this point. Clearly the media is making a concentrated effort to shutout Ron Paul and Gary Johnson and that would only continue if he ran on his own.

I respect Dr.Paul immensely for promoting the message of Liberty and for presenting it to the American people. However, what he needs to do is to show his followers the way to other liberty minded candidates. One man can not sustain a movement and he should start helping others who want to follow in his wake.   

MrBogosity

• Master of the Bogoverse
  • Administrator
  • Bogometer: -42
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ron Paul Does Not Rule Out A Third-Party Run
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »
Not only that, but a lot of states have "sore loser" laws where someone who runs a primary campaign and doesn't get the nomination is prohibited by law from running as a third-party or independent (or sometimes even a write-in) candidate.

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
  • Bogometer: -44
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul Does Not Rule Out A Third-Party Run
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:53:45 PM »
-
Not only that, but a lot of states have "sore loser" laws where someone who runs a primary campaign and doesn't get the nomination is prohibited by law from running as a third-party or independent (or sometimes even a write-in) candidate.

isn't that technically unconstitutional? I don't recall the constitution authorizing these....

oh, wait, they're too morally corrupt, disgusting and stupid, like those cows at the ETS!
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox