All 3rd party people and NPAs need to register Rep to vote for Ron Paul

Started by FSBlueApocalypse, October 23, 2011, 01:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Time for me to go into rant mode for a moment. I was at a http://www.nullifynow.com/ convention yesterday representing the Libertarian Party of Florida. The LPF was also a presenting sponsor of this event, which cost a decent chunk of change.

One of the speakers, Joe Wolverton, starts his speech by asking how many people are registered 3rd party or NPA. Then he goes, how many of you agree with Ron Paul?  He then said "Since Florida is a closed primary state, you need to change your registration to Republican or else any hope of electing a good candidate will be lost."

I've had my issues with the Paulies, but this was just rude. Trashing an organization that helped pay your speaking fee, hotel room, etc and helping to promote the whole "Ron Paul or were doomed" idea is abunch of BS.   

When I lived in Michigan you could change your party to vote in just about every primary. This caused a big scandal in 2000 because Democrats would first register Republican and vote against the candidate they liked least and then vote in the Democratic primary. This gave John McCain the state.

I agree with you about Joe Wolverton's statement. After all how many people urged Ron Paul supporters to vote for Bush or McCain using the exact same logic.