Interesting poll results on evolution

Started by FSBlueApocalypse, August 30, 2011, 10:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
As I've said before, I visit conspiracy site Above Top Secret as something of a guilty pleasure. Anyway, the forum had a poll about evolution vs creation that saw over 28,000 responses. The results are in the link
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread746589/pg1

If you don't feel like checking it out, on the whole between 60% and 65% of participants answered that they either agreed with evolution or against the creationists view. Overall, a pretty good amount considering this is the type of site one would think creationists would thrive in.

But of course we could always use some failquotes
QuoteExpected... This proves nothing but how deceived a great deal of people are and i should think the one's who voted for evolution are also the one's who voted for extratestrial life in the other pole. I think we see a pattern emerging here. And ATS is supposed to be about "denying ignorence" 

I was personally one of the minority that voted for young earth creation, since i believe fully in the biblical accounts of the bible, but i already knew there was a high majority of atheist's here so this poll only confirmed it for me.

What i find funny though is that people believe in aliens, but choose to deny our almighty God of Abraham Isaac Jacob.. these people claim the bible is just some "Fairy tale" without doing any kind of further investigation. They will be in for a big surprise when they find out that there hero Darwin was a 33rd degree freemason. Talk about hidden agenda's.

Is it just me, or after seeing a Shriners' convention and the octogenarians racing around in little cars to raise money for Hospitals, it is now impossible for me to be intimidated by the Freemasons or their alleged conspiracies.

LOL very true.

Also, another kind of fail quote are the people talking in pseudo-intellectual babbel about how you can't know one way or another.

Most of our founding fathers were Freemasons. Personally, I LOVE pointing that out to people who say this is a Christian nation because the founders were Christian. So, we must be a nation of Freemasons as well?

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 31, 2011, 06:54:25 AM
Most of our founding fathers were Freemasons. Personally, I LOVE pointing that out to people who say this is a Christian nation because the founders were Christian. So, we must be a nation of Freemasons as well?

Just what were the Freemasons, again? I mean, the most I've heard about them was from a Monty Python sketch.

They're a fraternal organization that calls upon its members to be pillars of the community. They only collect money from the members, and the money is only used for charitable purposes, particularly shelters, medical care, child care, and educational grants. Masonic groups are lodges that are run independently as mutual aid societies.

All of the nefarious and licentious stuff you hear about them are hoaxes, but the secret nature of the organization makes them a target for this kind of stuff.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 31, 2011, 07:53:28 AM
They're a fraternal organization that calls upon its members to be pillars of the community. They only collect money from the members, and the money is only used for charitable purposes, particularly shelters, medical care, child care, and educational grants. Masonic groups are lodges that are run independently as mutual aid societies.

All of the nefarious and licentious stuff you hear about them are hoaxes, but the secret nature of the organization makes them a target for this kind of stuff.

My brother's friend is actually a part of the organization. Apart from the charity stuff they do, they mainly get together and have cookouts as far as I've gathered.

Quote from: D on August 31, 2011, 08:06:19 AM
My brother's friend is actually a part of the organization. Apart from the charity stuff they do, they mainly get together and have cookouts as far as I've gathered.

I'm guessing there's more to joining the organization than the ability to smoke a mean slab of ribs, right? I mean, I've got that part covered. :-P

Quote from: Virgil0211 on August 31, 2011, 09:32:37 AM
I'm guessing there's more to joining the organization than the ability to smoke a mean slab of ribs, right? I mean, I've got that part covered. :-P

They also drink lots of beer.

From what I hear also, they sometimes do crazy ritual shit, but nothing like the conspiracy loons think.

Anyone see the Stone Cutters episode of the Simpsons? It was a great episode that made fun of the Illuminutty conspiracy people.

ATS did another one on 9/11

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread749524/pg1

Thoughts: 70% of registered members believe there is no conspiracy regarding 9/11. Considering over 7,000 members took part, that is pretty damn impressive. However, on the flip side 63% said Building 7 was demolished to cover up evidence. Don't those two statements contradict each other?

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on September 07, 2011, 07:44:52 PM
ATS did another one on 9/11

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread749524/pg1

Thoughts: 70% of registered members believe there is no conspiracy regarding 9/11. Considering over 7,000 members took part, that is pretty damn impressive. However, on the flip side 63% said Building 7 was demolished to cover up evidence. Don't those two statements contradict each other?

Like I said in the fav quotes thread, we ought to blacklist these people from debate.