Podcast for 8-22-2011

Started by MrBogosity, August 21, 2011, 05:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 21, 2011, 05:18:12 PM Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:26:43 PM by MrBogosity
[bogosity-podcast]https://bogosity.podbean.com/mf/web/x7i792/BogosityPodcast-8-22-2011.mp3[/bogosity-podcast]

News of the Bogus:

Biggest Bogon Emitter: Presidential Election Coverage http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/8609-has-the-media-suppressed-ron-paul-coverage

Idiot Extraordinaire: FSAthe1st http://www.youtube.com/FSAthe1st

This Week's Quote: “Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain.” —Friedrich Schiller

Wait a minute... I thought I was the one who found the USConstitution.net discussion and the source of his quote mine?

https://www.bogosity.tv/forum/index.php?topic=1075.0

Oops, you're right, sorry. But it was still Rockandrock44 who found the NHS stuff.

GOOD GAWD SHANE IS SETTING HIM UP! BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY LOOK AT THE CARNAGE KANG! SHANE JUST HIT FSATHE1ST WITH THE BOGOSITY DRIVER! HE GOES FOR THE COVER...1...2....3...BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION! WHAT A SLOBBERKNOCKER THAT WAS!

Seriously though, nicely done.

I'm also glad you put up the information about climate change. I never really took any initiative to look into the topic myself, and I was sort of on the fence with that topic because I believed that one side was being insanely alarmist and the other side was in denial just because they wanted to be the "no fun allowed" club. This is namely because the two sources I ever heard on the matter were Al Gore, who I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw him, and typical right winged whackjobs who believe that Obama is the anti-Christ, but praise Bush like he was the polar opposite. At least now I have legitimate data to look at to better understand the subject for myself.

Quote from: D on August 21, 2011, 06:17:23 PMGOOD GAWD SHANE IS SETTING HIM UP! BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY LOOK AT THE CARNAGE KANG! SHANE JUST HIT FSATHE1ST WITH THE BOGOSITY DRIVER! HE GOES FOR THE COVER...1...2....3...BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION! WHAT A SLOBBERKNOCKER THAT WAS!

I'm sure that would be funny if I got the reference...

QuoteI'm also glad you put up the information about climate change. I never really took any initiative to look into the topic myself, and I was sort of on the fence with that topic because I believed that one side was being insanely alarmist and the other side was in denial just because they wanted to be the "no fun allowed" club.

You basically have it right, you just missed the fact that there's a third side: science. While the science supports anthropogenic global warming, it doesn't support the alarmism the more extreme environmentalists engage in. It is a legitimate cause for concern, though.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 21, 2011, 06:30:00 PM
I'm sure that would be funny if I got the reference...
Jim Ross style wrestling commentary. It can be a funny thing.

QuoteYou basically have it right, you just missed the fact that there's a third side: science. While the science supports anthropogenic global warming, it doesn't support the alarmism the more extreme environmentalists engage in. It is a legitimate cause for concern, though.

Good to know.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 21, 2011, 06:07:08 PM
Oops, you're right, sorry. But it was still Rockandrock44 who found the NHS stuff.

Oh, I know that. I was just being a bit silly. :-P

But yeah, great podcast. I wonder how long it'll take for FSAthe1st to come back with another rant?

Great podcast, I wasn't sure giving FSAthe1st that much time was a good idea at first, but everything you said did need to be said and you certainly debunked his arguments completely and irrefutably.

Quote from: Goaticus on August 21, 2011, 07:59:29 PM
Great podcast, I wasn't sure giving FSAthe1st that much time was a good idea at first, but everything you said did need to be said and you certainly debunked his arguments completely and irrefutably.

Thanks. Part of the reason I spent so much time is I didn't want him to accuse me of cherry-picking again; this is the longest podcast to date, and fully half of it is devoted to debunking his nonsense. I think it's obvious I couldn't reasonably have devoted any more time to it than I have.

No, I think you devoted the exact amount of time to it that you needed to. Any less and you would have missed some points, any more and you would have overstated your case. I'm usually a believer in less is more in these cases.

Good stuff.  yes, the bit on FSA was long but I found it a pretty breezy listen.  It never felt like it was dragging or you were harping on insignificant details.

I probably wouldn't understand the global climate data, I tend to just go with Stefan's approach of "The greenies don't practice what they preach which logically means they don't believe what they preach.  If these people have looked into the matter and they don't believe it, why should I?"

My conclusion: Weather always changes and with it will come pros and cons and we'll deal with it as we always have.  Anyone who advocates we leave it in the hands of the state is either grossly dellusional or of malicious intent.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

So I posted the Rumsfeld story on another forum and got this reply:

Quote6 months into training at Seal country ,my Drill Instructor told my class that he had wish torture training ( this is the training to bare it ) would be mandatory to all divisions of the military .As to teach restraint against unarmed forces

This guy is very pro military and pretty much holds the position that when in the military or dealing with the military, you have absolutely no rights whatsoever.

Great stuff as usual Shane. Hopefully this puts the little hissyfit with FSAthe1st to rest. Also, I just posted a good nomination for next week's BBE in that forum.