New members - introduce yourselves!

Started by Goaticus, August 20, 2011, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey there, Jim G. Host of the podcast Side Project Live,and I also am the Illinois Libertarian Party Deputy Communications chair. I've been mainlining the Bogosity podcast for the last several weeks, after a friend told me you guys talked about the armed GOP thugs intimidating our petitioners. Happy to find a forum for sane libertarian skeptics. I'm tired of non-democrat skeptics being treated as non-entities. Keep it up!
"We plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now." - Kevin Bacon, Tremors

Quote from: SideProjectJim on October 25, 2014, 11:56:26 PM
Hey there, Jim G. Host of the podcast Side Project Live,and I also am the Illinois Libertarian Party Deputy Communications chair. I've been mainlining the Bogosity podcast for the last several weeks, after a friend told me you guys talked about the armed GOP thugs intimidating our petitioners. Happy to find a forum for sane libertarian skeptics. I'm tired of non-democrat skeptics being treated as non-entities. Keep it up!
Welcome to the board, bro. :-)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: SideProjectJim on October 25, 2014, 11:56:26 PM

Welcome, and say hi to my Illinois LP peeps for me!

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 26, 2014, 03:02:54 PM
Welcome, and say hi to my Illinois LP peeps for me!

Oh, will do!
"We plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now." - Kevin Bacon, Tremors

Hi there !

My name is Thibault, I come from France and have been watching Shane's videos for a few years now. Shane is almost entirely responsible for my education about libertarianism, but I was considering myself a skeptic long before that and was kind of happy to find some new grounds on which I could reflect about politics (I've been antagonizing the politics of my country and the people invested in it for a very long time now, relatively to my age, which is only 31 after all ...).
I took another step and finally decided to register here to be able to engage with like minded people, of which I cruelly lack in my life (There are none :).

I sometimes need to use a dictionnary to speak in english, and might use wierdly constructed sentences from time to time, but I mostly do just fine. I do a lot of typing mistakes though. I proof read my posts, but some of them sometimes slip past my best efforts.

Here we go.

P.S.: It's my second account. I couldn't recieve the confirmation email  with the first adress I used which is my primary. I used a junk email adress for this one and it worked, but I still want to switch to my primary adress to see if it could work in other instances. The thing is, I can't since the other account already uses it. Is there a solution to my problem? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

Send me an email and I'll change your account manually.

CarcharOdin here.

Recommended by to this forum by Dave. Right-libertarian, but not really all that into most of everything going on as I'm just simply focusing on getting through school and getting a job whereever while playing video games in my spare time.

Music I dig most: FUCKIN' METAL
[First sig to be decided, too lazy right now]

Quote from: CarcharOdin on May 31, 2015, 04:35:52 PM
CarcharOdin here.

Recommended by to this forum by Dave. Right-libertarian, but not really all that into most of everything going on as I'm just simply focusing on getting through school and getting a job whereever while playing video games in my spare time.

Awww yeah buddy.

CarcharOdin here.

Hi CarcharOdin !
Is this little fellow one of your relatives ?

Nope, but I did see that one time. It isn't a new species or anything, just simply a deformity that developed in the shark. I think it was "Cyclopia" or something.

CarcharOdin here.

excellent! another metalhead!  ;D

(though I'm sure the exact bands will be different).
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on May 31, 2015, 09:59:13 PM
excellent! another metalhead!  ;D

(though I'm sure the exact bands will be different).
Well, I'm rebuilding my library from scratch since my last hard-drive went "I DED"

Here are bands currently in my iTunes library:

Amon Amarth, Battle Beast, Blackthrone, Black Sabbath, Black Breath, Black Majesty, Blind Guardian, Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Cradle of Filth, Death, Deicide, Devildriver, Dream Theater, D.R.I., Drudkh, Eluveitie, Emperor, Enslaved, Exhorder, Exodus, Fear Factory, Gamma Ray, Gorgoroth, Hate Eternal, Heaven & Hell, High On Fire, Iced Earth, Immortal, Incapacity, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Lost Horizon, Machine Head, Mayhem, Megadeth, Metallica, Melechesh, Motorhead, Nevermore, Nightwish, Orphaned Land, Overkill, Pantera, Paradise Lost, Prong, Queensryche, Racer X, Rhapsody, Sabaton, Saint Vitus, Samael, Satyricon, Savatage, SepticFlesh, Sepultura, Slayer, Soulfly (newer), Symphony X, Testament, Vader, Venom, Vio-Lence, Wolves In The Throne Room, Zonata, At The Gates, Isis, Anaal Nathrakh, Razer, Flesh Parade, Taake, Exhumed, Ghost, Sodom, Candlemass, Obituary.

I got more coming in, but that's what it's been built back up to so far.

Amon Amarth, Battle Beast, Blackthrone, Black Sabbath, Black Breath, Black Majesty, Blind Guardian, Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Cradle of Filth, Death, Deicide, Devildriver, Dream Theater, D.R.I., Drudkh, Eluveitie, Emperor, Enslaved, Exhorder, Exodus, Fear Factory, Gamma Ray, Gorgoroth, Hate Eternal, Heaven & Hell, High On Fire, Iced Earth, Immortal, Incapacity, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Lost Horizon, Machine Head, Mayhem, Megadeth, Metallica, Melechesh, Motorhead, Nevermore, Nightwish, Orphaned Land, Overkill, Pantera, Paradise Lost, Prong, Queensryche, Racer X, Rhapsody, Sabaton, Saint Vitus, Samael, Satyricon, Savatage, SepticFlesh, Sepultura, Slayer, Soulfly (newer), Symphony X, Testament, Vader, Venom, Vio-Lence, Wolves In The Throne Room, Zonata, At The Gates, Isis, Anaal Nathrakh, Razer, Flesh Parade, Taake, Exhumed, Ghost, Sodom, Candlemass, Obituary.

Love the ones in bold! the others I either never heard of, or don't particularly like.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Hi all! I'm Lone Patriot. I was introduced to this site by Dan (tnu or whatever he calls himself). I hope to start a podcast/political commentary channel of my own here soon. I identify as a Right-Libertarian and I love to take down "progressives."
As for other things I'm interested in, I like Star Wars, HALO, Cowboy Bebop and video games. I think that's about it.