New members - introduce yourselves!

Started by Goaticus, August 20, 2011, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dallas Wildman on December 02, 2013, 09:24:08 AM
Hello Bogosity forums!

Resident of the DFW area and got a wild do' (well until I had it cut yesterday, but I'll get it back).

Also I wanted nominate this gal for Biggest Bogon Emitter, but for some reason I couldn't start a new topic:
Emmet Rensin: http://policymic.com/articles/74635/the-unexpected-culprits-of-climate-change
The crazy: "The federal government needs to declare war on climate change, and fight it like we fought the Nazis."
Before you post you have to go through the initiation process...

Quote from: nilecroc on December 02, 2013, 11:58:23 PM
Before you post you have to go through the initiation process...

which may or may not involve hazing.... :P
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Hi I'm BreadGod. I first discovered Shane Killian's work way back in 2008. I was a young atheist liberal back then, so I loved his bogosity videos, but I hated his economic videos. The whole "libertarianism" thing was so strange and foreign to me then. In 2012, I became an anarcho-capitalist and rediscovered Shane's work. I love it now. Then, on December 6, 2013, I decided to get off my lazy ass and join the Bogosity forums.

Quote from: BreadGod on December 06, 2013, 02:43:02 PM
Hi I'm BreadGod. I first discovered Shane Killian's work way back in 2008. I was a young atheist liberal back then, so I loved his bogosity videos, but I hated his economic videos. The whole "libertarianism" thing was so strange and foreign to me then. In 2012, I became an anarcho-capitalist and rediscovered Shane's work. I love it now. Then, on December 6, 2013, I decided to get off my lazy ass and join the Bogosity forums.

Welcome to the forum.  :)

Welcome to the forum!

I don't go as far as to say I'm an anarcho-capitalist. It's interesting that you're not the first to listen to me and go all the way an-cap. It's like I'm doing TOO good a job! :P

[yt]AyenRCJ_4Ww[/yt]

Hello everyone, I am Wroclaw.  I was invited to join the forums by my friend Tnu. 
I am an agnostic atheist skeptic of dubious political alignment who enjoys philosophy, rock music, movies, and video games.

Quote from: Wroclaw on January 12, 2014, 06:27:18 PM
Hello everyone, I am Wroclaw.  I was invited to join the forums by my friend Tnu. 
I am an agnostic atheist skeptic of dubious political alignment who enjoys philosophy, rock music, movies, and video games.
Greetings Wroclaw, nice to meet you. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

welcome!

you from Wroclaw/Breslau by any means?
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Sounds like you'll fit right in with everyone else.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome  :)

Thanks for making me feel welcome here guys!
And to answer Ibrahim's question, no I am not actually from Wroclaw/Poland  ;).

August 23, 2014, 11:35:12 PM #72 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:45:07 AM by ReVoluntary Virginian
Greetings, folks of Bogosity!

My name here is ReVoluntary Virginian, but if real names are a must, you can also call me Sam. The inspiration of my screen name comes from me making a lame pun on "revolutionary" (instead of being "revolutionary", I'm "ReVoluntary", considering part of my political philosophy is inspired by voluntaryism), being based in the state of Virginia, specifically in the small town of Glen Allen about more or less 20 miles northwest of Richmond and a silly attempt to make the pun worthy short form name of "ReVolVir".

I've actually been a long time lurker/fan and equally long time member, but have waited until now to actually introduce myself and start posting. I blame it on nothing more than pure, unadulterated, stone cold (BAH GAWD /obscure wrestling reference) laziness.

Politically speaking, as mentioned above, my views are partially inspired by voluntaryism, although I wouldn't necessary call myself a full blown voluntaryist. I tend to just prefer the catch-all, umbrella term of "libertarian" to describe myself, as I do believe in almost all the same things your average libertarian/anarcho-capitalist/voluntaryist believes in as they stand.

Religiously, I used to call myself a big time atheist, but these days that's not really the case. I'd consider myself just simply nonreligious and probably have a less hostile view on religion than most. Besides, statism is by far a bigger threat to freedom than any group of religious whackos can ever be.

As far as miscellaneous interests are concerned, I'm a big time video gamer, a pro wrestling fan (yep, another one of those!), a heavy metal fanatic, have a great interest in foreign cultures especially those from Eastern Europe, Central Asia, the Caucasus region and East Asia, a vested interest in comedy, humor and horror of all sorts, love to do writing and lots of other things.

I think that is long enough of an introduction. This tends to happen a lot when introducing myself...

Anyway, here I am at this great little liberty-minded forum. This ought to be a bundle of fun!

>Pro wrestling fan, gamer, libertarian

Yeah, that sounds about right. There are at least 3 of us in that exact category.

and even more in two of those categories
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart