New members - introduce yourselves!

Started by Goaticus, August 20, 2011, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Salutations, everyone. I am TheFaceOfEvil but just call me Sarah if you wish. It sounds a lot sweeter anyway.

I was pointed in the direction of this site by my longtime boyfriend, who goes by Tnu around these parts. I'm honestly not quite sure what to make of what I have seen so far, but I am immensely intrigued nonetheless. At the moment, I do not adhere to any political philosophy but I am making the effort to understand his position as an anarchist.  As far as religion goes, I consider myself an agnostic atheist.

I am a student of the fine arts at the moment contemplating on switching my majors. I am a fan of Doctor Who, and take my username from one of my favorite stories "The Face of Evil." I also enjoy Godzilla movies as well as tokusatsu series along the lines of Ultraman. I also enjoy reading comics and hope to someday work on my own stories.

So, uh, hello.

Nice to meet you.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Welcome to the forum! The Face of Evil is one of my favorite episodes. I've always liked Chris Boucher.

I think you'll fit in just fine here!

pleasure to meet you.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Hi, I used to go by the name FlowCell on YouTube and a Ex_Nehil0 on this forum.

Well, Shane had mentioned me in a post some time ago asking me to come back, and now I have years later.  I've taken a whole new identity online after taking a long time to really figure out who I was and all that. 

BTW, Shane, you were right about Popper.  It turns out, I was going down the path of post-modernism and didn't even know it.  I was warping my interpretation of everything philosophical and scientific and now I've come to hate it especially now that its infiltrating and influencing academic thought as we speak.  Post-modernism has turned the social sciences into pseudoscientific rubbish and feminists into judgmental moralizers (as if their social Marxism was bad enough), but now its going after the hard sciences, too.  Why is it so hard for people to understand that feelings are dictated by reality, rather then reality being dictated by one's feelings?   :shrug:

Incidentally, I was wondering if I could have my evil-heterosexual-Christian-white-male-cis-privilege to start new topics restored to this new account.  I'd like to make a topic about Anita Sarkeesian if one hasn't been made already.

Quote from: Professor_Fennec on September 29, 2013, 08:50:07 PM

Well, Shane had mentioned me in a post some time ago asking me to come back, and now I have years later.  I've taken a whole new identity online after taking a long time to really figure out who I was and all that. 

BTW, Shane, you were right about Popper.  It turns out, I was going down the path of post-modernism and didn't even know it.  I was warping my interpretation of everything philosophical and scientific and now I've come to hate it especially now that its infiltrating and influencing academic thought as we speak.  Post-modernism has turned the social sciences into pseudoscientific rubbish and feminists into judgmental moralizers (as if their social Marxism was bad enough), but now its going after the hard sciences, too.  Why is it so hard for people to understand that feelings are dictated by reality, rather then reality being dictated by one's feelings?   :shrug:

Incidentally, I was wondering if I could have my evil-heterosexual-Christian-white-male-cis-privilege to start new topics restored to this new account.  I'd like to make a topic about Anita Sarkeesian if one hasn't been made already.

there's a thread here somewhere about her IIRC, called "Anita Sarkeesian is at it again!"

in the meantime, welcome back!
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Welcome to the forum  :)

There is a thread on Anita.

Heres the link

https://www.bogosity.tv/forum/index.php?topic=1863.0

Welcome back!

QuoteIncidentally, I was wondering if I could have my evil-heterosexual-Christian-white-male-cis-privilege to start new topics restored to this new account.  I'd like to make a topic about Anita Sarkeesian if one hasn't been made already.

Sorry, I had to do that to keep the spammers at bay. It got to the point where I was having something like two dozen spam topics to delete every morning! I'll see if I can give you the permission manually; if not, you'll get it automatically after 5 posts.

Quote from: Professor_Fennec on September 30, 2013, 02:52:41 AM
Thanks guys!

Your welcome

Just remember tho that before you can start making posts of your own you have to comment on other peoples videos at least five times.

This is a precaution that Shane made after spammers flooded this forum

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark is one of my favorite books on critical thinking.  Some of the pop culture references are a bit out of date (it mentions Beavis and Butthead), but that shouldn't be a reason not to pick up this gem of a book. 

A good summary of the book is the Baloney Detection Kit featured on Operation Clambaked: http://www.xenu.net/archive/baloney_detection.html

You can get the book on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Demon-Haunted-World-Science-Candle/dp/0345409469

Welcome back FlowCall. I seem to recall hearing your name somewhere in the past. I think in relation to Thunderf00t

Hello Bogosity forums!

Resident of the DFW area and got a wild do' (well until I had it cut yesterday, but I'll get it back).

Also I wanted nominate this gal for Biggest Bogon Emitter, but for some reason I couldn't start a new topic:
Emmet Rensin: http://policymic.com/articles/74635/the-unexpected-culprits-of-climate-change
The crazy: "The federal government needs to declare war on climate change, and fight it like we fought the Nazis."
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on December 02, 2013, 09:24:08 AM
Hello Bogosity forums!

Resident of the DFW area and got a wild do' (well until I had it cut yesterday, but I'll get it back).

Also I wanted nominate this gal for Biggest Bogon Emitter, but for some reason I couldn't start a new topic:
Emmet Rensin: http://policymic.com/articles/74635/the-unexpected-culprits-of-climate-change
The crazy: "The federal government needs to declare war on climate change, and fight it like we fought the Nazis."

Yeah, you have to have 5 posts to start a new topic now. Sorry, but it was the only way to cut the spam out.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on December 02, 2013, 09:24:08 AM
Hello Bogosity forums!

Welcome  :)