New members - introduce yourselves!

Started by Goaticus, August 20, 2011, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on September 05, 2011, 02:37:51 PM
Welcome Ibrahim!

And we love weirdos here. ;D

thanks!

speaking of which, I forgot to post my youtube channel here:

the one for commenting: Albukhshi (contemplating removing all but the mirrors).
the one I-eventually-plan on putting new videos on: flyingjustacorps1990
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

I'm Lord T Hawkeye, I'm an atheist and an anarcho-capitalist which does mean I'm philosophically a libertarian.

I have a youtube channel where I talk about politics and philosophy while playing my favorite games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/lordthawkeye?feature=mhee

I also have a webcomic written by me and drawn by my friend's g/f
dollysplaytime.smackjeeves.com
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Hm...I joined here April 2009, and even then I was a bit surprised to see this board didn't have one of these.  Oh well, better late than never. :P

Just call me Surhot if you don't want to spell out the insanity that is my full username here. :P  Yes, I did make it that long on purpose.  I made it out of a bunch of words from a random word generator, thinking it would be harder to remember, and thus, harder to hack into my account.

Like Hawkeye, I'm also an atheist and anarcho-capitalist, thus also making me philosophically a libertarian (small L, obviously).

I have a YouTube channel of user/vspqbd (lower case, not upper case folks :P ) where I display channels I like, only friend people I have had at least *some* interaction with and like (read:  no friend4friend or sub4sub; yes, I get those a LOT).

And..um..I guess if you want to know more, send me a PM.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Darn me why didn't I see this thread.

I'm Anpanman with a head made out of anpan bread and I save the world from Bacteriaman and I doesn't afraid of anything. If you are fatigued and have sustained many battle wounds I will give you a piece of my head which has the effect of healing you and will give you sustenance.

Due to scientific advancement my job of fighting Bacteriaman have been outsourced to soap and hand sanitizers (as red beans aren't exactly very good disinfectants) which led me to a spiraling depression and drug addiction. My friends with nowhere else to go have given up and become food for the hungry masses (may Shokupanman and Currybreadman rest in peace). My father is now a full-time chef at Humpty's and the rest of my friends have left me due to my self-destructive behaviors. The current Anpanman you see now on TV is a replacement and a disguise to cover up what has really happened.

But that's all in the past as I finished rehab and now I am free from drugs for about a year. I am now recruiting new members to fight this system brought on by Capitalismman and Outsourcing-chan and I thought this would be a great place to start.

[spoiler]In all seriousness I'm just a kid who is attending community college to upgrade high school subjects because I did fuck all. With my marks I could get into a trade school or a decent college but I'd much rather go to a university (hopefully a prestigious one). Of course I have a dark sense of humor and my jokes (if you can call it that) are crude and sarcastic (I wouldn't be surprised at all if one day I said something stupid by accident and got banned from this forum). I joined this forum in hopes of learning a few things about economics as I feel that libertarianism makes the most sense to me but I don't have the know-how to go up against the masses of social democrats that have permeated throughout. In real life I am the most vapid and introverted person you will ever meet unless I'm drunk. I was diagnosed with inattentive ADHD and I've been described as artistic and could-be-smart-but-you're-lazy-as-shit type.[/spoiler]

Quote from: Anpanman on January 08, 2012, 06:42:25 AMEpic introductory post

I get the feeling that I'm going to enjoy your company  ;D
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Figured I might as well add myself here. My name is Jonathan Loesche (low-shay). I'm a member of the Libertarian Party in Florida. Atheist, skeptic, video game enthusiast.

Hi! I've been a long time viewer  of Shane's work and a big fan. His constitution lectures helped shape my political outlook.

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 09, 2012, 08:03:51 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you Shane. Hey I have to ask. Do you ever intend to do more Constitution Lectures? I've missed those.

Quote from: tnu on December 09, 2012, 08:19:22 AM
Thank you Shane. Hey I have to ask. Do you ever intend to do more Constitution Lectures? I've missed those.

Thanks. I have a few in the works on my hard drive, it's just a matter of getting time to actually make them.

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 09, 2012, 09:08:43 AM
Thanks. I have a few in the works on my hard drive, it's just a matter of getting time to actually make them.

Thanks. I'm sitll tyring to convince my (rather fiscally conservative) father about a few things. Namely that  "public goods" are not needed in the way they are being presented. that roads and other such things do not necessarily have to be provided by the state.

Hello Everyone

My name is Sean, I am a libertarian, an agnostic atheist and a student. I am known as Skm1091 on Youtube and recently i have been having exchanges in messages with Shane on Youtube and found a lot his videos and posts to be very fascinating and informative. I am a big fan of the Bogosity Podcast, all of his videos debunking creationism, and his videos on economics. I hope you guys will be glad to have me here on this forum. 

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 16, 2013, 02:51:20 AM
Hello Everyone

My name is Sean, I am a libertarian, an agnostic atheist and a student. I am known as Skm1091 on Youtube and recently i have been having exchanges in messages with Shane on Youtube and found a lot his videos and posts to be very fascinating and informative. I am a big fan of the Bogosity Podcast, all of his videos debunking creationism, and his videos on economics. I hope you guys will be glad to have me here on this forum. 

Welcome to the forum!