New members - introduce yourselves!

Started by Goaticus, August 20, 2011, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I didn't see an introduce yourself section on the forum so I thought I'd just jump in. My name is Matt and I live in Denver, although not that long ago I lived in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I am an atheist and libertarian and my interests run the gamut from economics, to biology, to mixed martial arts.

Thanks guys, I should have done this a long time ago, but I just busted both my shoulders so I can now catch up on my internet. I apologize in advance if any of my posts get inspired by vicodin.

I've been there, Goaticus. I'm sure your posts will still be more rational and intelligible than your average moon hoaxer!

The moon landings were a conspiracy so that evil corporations could monopolize all that green cheese up there.

Quote from: Goaticus on August 21, 2011, 02:15:59 PM
The moon landings were a conspiracy so that evil corporations could monopolize all that green cheese up there.

No, nononononono. It was an evil ancient conspiracy spanning generations. The truth is, the moon was the site of the first interstellar karate tournament where Stephen Seagal saved the world by challenging the Moonians' greatest warrior to a one on one match to the death.

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another martial arts fan around here. :-P

I wonder if Gorilla199's reptilian tares have the same joints as a normal human, or if I would have to modify my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu if I saw one of them with their free mason iconography.

Random question, the flag that they left on the moon when they visited, correct me if I'm wrong but it's still there and can be seen by telescope can't it?  How do the moon hoaxers explain that?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 21, 2011, 08:26:26 PM
Random question, the flag that they left on the moon when they visited, correct me if I'm wrong but it's still there and can be seen by telescope can't it?  How do the moon hoaxers explain that?

Not from Earth, but the LRO picked it up, and I think Caguya did too. You can't actually see the flag because it's standing vertical, but you can see its shadow clearly.

Hoaxers say they doctored the photos, of course. They wouldn't believe even if you took them to the moon and showed you the flag directly!

Of more import than the flag is the mirrors that we put up there and have been bouncing lasers off of to tell the distance of the moon to the Earth.

It's been recommended by a couple of new members that we have a thread specifically so we all can introduce ourselves and get to know each other, so here it is!

I think y'all know me already.  ;D

I've become a regular poster here, but sure, I'll make a proper introduction.

My name is Dave Turcotte (pronounced Ter-kot, you have no idea how many mispronunciations I've heard of that name,) but you can call me D.

I'm a libertarian atheist who enjoys video games, pro wrestling, and I'm also a music enthusiast.

My youtube channel is IronFury. My channel primarily focuses on video games and I do my own take on Let's Plays.
A sample:
[yt]hib7R4lUnkk[/yt]

well, I think it's best to introduce myself now:

my name is Ibrahim (ib-brah-heem), you can call me Abe.

I am a senior undergraduate student and Colorado state university (Fort Collins), Geology major, concentrating in Paleontology and (recently) sedimentology. I enjoy fossils, rocks, video games, cracking messed up jokes (I'll try not to do so here), and anything Seven Years War. and I swear by the rejuvenating powers of watching the Spoony one's reviews.  :P

I'm a Libertarian, though I'm not an Atheist. I guess that makes me the weirdo here  ;)
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Welcome Ibrahim!

And we love weirdos here. ;D