Podcast for 7-25-2011

Started by MrBogosity, July 24, 2011, 04:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 24, 2011, 04:31:53 PM Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:26:13 PM by MrBogosity
[bogosity-podcast]https://bogosity.podbean.com/mf/web/igfqur/BogosityPodcast-7-25-2011.mp3[/bogosity-podcast]

News of the Bogus:

Biggest Bogon Emitter: The Baltimore Sun http://blogs.forbes.com/stevensalzberg/2011/07/17/the-baltimore-sun-sinks-deep-into-anti-vaccination-quicksand/

Idiot Extraordinaire: Gould, AK City Council Member Sonja Farley

This Week's Quote: “Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—‘No, you move.’” —Captain America (from Amazing Spider-Man #537)

So who else was reminded of England before the USA was formed by that bit of not being allowed to discuss politics without the permission of politics?

Also, Thank you UN for even MORE ammo. :3
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

My mouth is hanging open right now listening to that city council woman.......Idiot Extraordinaire isn't enough. It really isn't. Shane, I think you need to create a Hall of Shame and make this woman the first inductee. I mean, there is being an idiot....and then there is being completely devoid of sound reasoning and caring for basic liberties. I mean this kind of thing is so basic that they made it the top of the list of amendments in the Bill of Rights. How in the world can someone be this inept?!

You think that's bad, go listen to the uncut interview--I picked some of her BEST stuff, her most intelligible points! And there were all sorts of irrelevancies she kept falling back on, like the town's debt, and the fact that they were sworn in in January; it's really bizarre and surreal.

I don't know what to say other than I had to grab a beer in order to justify the loss of brain cells during that woman's speech.

Wow.  What that judge said was painful to listen to. >_<** Talk about blaming the victim...

As for the anti-vaxxer fucktard, the ironic thing, is that many of them also believe the government is trying to engage in mass population control schemes and/or sterilization.  Can you say, "massive psychological projection"?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

July 24, 2011, 05:53:34 PM #6 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:59:26 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
And that Sonja, congrats, you're a fucktard!  Aren't ya' Farley?
What drugs was she on during those interviews?

I've never had any alcoholic drink ingested before...If I have to listen to any more of this stupid bitch's mouth-words, I might have to change that. >_<

July 27, 2011, 12:02:52 PM #7 Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:05:16 PM by kiri2tsubasa
So free speech not allowed.  I see...GEORGE CARLIN YOU WERE RIGHT.

Any way, has anyone here heard about the "no kid zone" thing.
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-no-kids-allowed-movement-is-spreading-2516110/

In basic principle I support some aspects of this.  If I go to places like Morton's Stake House were you meal will be a guaranteed $70 I wouldn't want some little kid screaming and making a ruckus that disturbs me and the other patrons.  Though places like hotels and planes (excluding first class) would simply be impracticable.

If it's their property, their business, they absolutely have the right to impose whatever restrictions they want--no kids, no smoking, or whatever. But government should play absolutely no role in the process whatsoever, either imposing the restrictions or prohibiting them.

July 27, 2011, 02:01:22 PM #9 Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:06:07 PM by kiri2tsubasa
As far as I know there is no Government legislation with these decisions to make things kids free.  As such, there property, there rules.  Location dependent I wouldn't suggest an outright ban (Grocery stores, movies, other popular venues), but maybe some kid free hours.  Like on the weekends a 9:00 PM showing of some move that is rated PG would be the last call for kids to be able to see this particular movie.

I am not making much sense am I.  Let me try again.  An outright ban maybe seen as a discriminatory practice, but the companies using a kids free hour system might help avoid that possible outcome.

Woah... that last part with Sonja's justification...
Did this cause physical pain to anyone? Cause it sure as hell hurt me. In the head.
I think I might've actually gotten stupider from listening to her and I was pretty sure that that wasn't possible anymore.

I just plain couldn't understand a word she was saying.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...