For those of you not already aware. Professional creationist liar and convicted tax cheat Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation was recently leaked to the internet. Hovind has long done his best to keep this document under wraps and it's not hard to see why. It's easily one of the greatest works of unintentional comedy ever put to paper, 102 pages of pure hilarity. This document demonstrates just how loose the standards are for Patriot University, whose campus is an illustrious double-wide trailer that also serves as the house of its President and founder.
Just a few things I noticed as someone who has submitted documents for peer review:
1. He starts his dissertation, and remember this is supposed to be a formal monograph with, Hello my name is Kent Hovind.
2. The vast majority of it is un-sourced, and in fact he cites one of his biggest sources in the introduction as his own radio show. In other words, his research is listening to himself talk.
3. Liberal use of exclamation points, again in a formal dissertation.
4. Blatant and childish ad hominems, such as commenting on the weight of Darwin's grandfather Erasmus.
5. A collection of nearly every ridiculous fallacy and misunderstanding of science that has made Hovind our favorite nut-job, with exception of his notion that a massive sphere of ice floated in space over the earth.
Read it for yourself, and as you do, just keep telling yourself that this is supposed to be a doctoral dissertation. Stop occasionally and imagine peers at Harvard, Oxford, M.I.T. or Caltech reading this thing. Try to picture Kent before a committee. You'll be pissing yourself in not timehttp://22.214.171.124/leak/kent-hovind-doctoral-dissertation.pdf