Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sigh*
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: evensgrey on January 26, 2015, 09:03:49 AM
Um...not seeing the fail, there.
Because, its a assumption that pro-lifers don't care about starving children.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on January 26, 2015, 01:04:20 PM
Because, its a assumption that pro-lifers don't care about starving children.

It also seems to suggest that "pro-life" means wanting government to pay for welfare to the poor, instead of charity.

January 26, 2015, 01:06:47 PM #7204 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:10:40 PM by MrBogosity
Wow @ Dave Tobin and Daniel Iman in this Atheist Nexus thread:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/atheistnexus/10153204660263072

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 26, 2015, 01:06:32 PM
It also seems to suggest that "pro-life" means wanting government to pay for welfare to the poor, instead of charity.
Been seeing alot of that lately.
Lao Tzu

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]-Yd9bt6eyRM[/yt]

KillerWhaleSFI shows us a very clear lack of economic understanding.

KillerWhaleSFI "You say a post scarcity society is not possible, so allow me be very specific with respect to what I am referring.

Should we strive toward a society wherein every person on the planet has access to clean water, nutritious food, housing, clothing, and medicine provided without charge?  (these things are all technically possible, right now)"

Altimadark "If everyone has enough food/water/medicine/etc, lots of people will start having more kids. Which means more mouths to feed. Even in Darwin's day, scientists understood that, when not limited by resources, human populations could potentially double every 25 years. How does your post-scarcity system in a scarce world handle that problem?"
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Lao Tzu

I'm convinced Brianna Wu is mentally deficient.

And speaking of "wu's" (See what I did there?)
https://twitter.com/Fuzzypaw/status/560861781870903296
Anti-vaxxers claiming to not be anti-vaxxers.  Yeah, just like the guy with all the creationist talking points who says he's not a creationist.  Heard it all before pal.  And of course taking advantage of the fact that, "a lie can finish speaking before the truth can draw a breath" that is such a PITA on Twitter b/c of the character limit.

And speaking of fuzzypaw:  https://twitter.com/Fuzzypaw/status/560891619096793089
*facepalms* Yes, just have govco pass a fiat decree and have them point guns at stuff.  That'll work...*rolls eyes*And he was on such a roll too, debunking/spanking anti-vaxxer ass. >.<*

That quote from Penn & Teller about Gris-Gris comes to mind...

Quote from: D on January 29, 2015, 08:27:25 AM
I'm convinced Brianna Wu is mentally deficient.

It gets dumber:

Apparently we're just too sexist to recognize it as sarcasm.
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.