Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: evensgrey on October 19, 2014, 03:58:09 PM
And given historical trends, the Feminist contingent is much more likely to be making death threats than getting them.
Actually, it's not just more likely it IS what we see:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152486792528131&set=a.10150674292113131.392608.504058130&type=1&theater
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

October 19, 2014, 04:21:51 PM #6796 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:25:14 PM by Travis Retriever
https://twitter.com/Marmel/status/523897006880600064
When all else fails, just call the other side a racist...yeah, such wonderful rationalist and compassionate folk you liberals are. *rolls eyes*

https://twitter.com/TheDailyEdge/status/523922913934966784
So...govco is racist, ergo, we need more modern liberalism? Wut?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: Travis Retriever on October 19, 2014, 02:08:54 PM
Not only that, but given the projection with the cries of death threats, would it surprise a single soul if they were the ones with the bots?

#StopGamerGate2014 was basically confirmed to use bots. So yes, they do use them.

Quote from: D on October 19, 2014, 05:07:49 PM
#StopGamerGate2014 was basically confirmed to use bots. So yes, they do use them.
Really now? I'm surprised you haven't posted a pic/screencap/article/etc on it yet. But yeah, doesn't surprise me, given the stuff I've observed, both from the anti-GamerGate people and from the folks I *have* seen who used the #StopGamerGate2014 tag.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on October 19, 2014, 05:34:26 PM
Really now? I'm surprised you haven't posted a pic/screencap/article/etc on it yet. But yeah, doesn't surprise me, given the stuff I've observed, both from the anti-GamerGate people and from the folks I *have* seen who used the #StopGamerGate2014 tag.

Yeah, I believe they traced where most of the #StopGamerGate2014 tweets were coming from and it was basically a bunch of Middle Eastern and South American accounts that were basically duds.

Also, speaking of anti-GamerGate, apparently not only are we terrorists, but they want terrorists to target us.

October 19, 2014, 06:20:48 PM #6800 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:24:36 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: D on October 19, 2014, 05:58:28 PM
Yeah, I believe they traced where most of the #StopGamerGate2014 tweets were coming from and it was basically a bunch of Middle Eastern and South American accounts that were basically duds.

Also, speaking of anti-GamerGate, apparently not only are we terrorists, but they want terrorists to target us.

Natch.  Figures.

Stay classy anti-#GamerGate folk. Stay classy.
Reminds me of a post from someone I am following on Twitter asking for information on the GamerGate stuff.  The catch? The reply had to be anecdotes, I'm sorry, "personal experiences" with the stuff, and not articles, or you know, proof...no one (surprise!) responded to this bogus request and he says, "I guess I don't care either way!" Glad to know you're at least staying out of it, given your inability to understand evidence and rationality, EmoRottie.

And speaking of fails:

Holy shit, Captain Ambitious! Save some achievements for the rest of us.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on October 19, 2014, 06:20:48 PM
And speaking of fails:

Holy shit, Captain Ambitious! Save some achievements for the rest of us.

Maybe he just has a sense of humor?

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 20, 2014, 06:59:39 AM
Maybe he just has a sense of humor?
That is definitely a possibility.

October 20, 2014, 02:56:54 PM #6803 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:45:04 PM by Travis Retriever
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-healthy-eating-habits-that-are-killing-people/
Cracked really half-assed it in this article.
#4)  It's not the whole story.  Sodium itself *is* healthy.  It's the ratio of Potassium to Sodium in your diet that matters.  Something Alan Aragon (read: an actual nutritionist) and others have touched on before: http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-truth-behind-5-food-myths.html

#3)  Hence why I only take one (at most) a day.  The reasons? Greater dietary flexibility and as a nutritional insurance policy primarily.  My advice, anyone wanting to use a multivitamin might want to make sure their brand is certified by the USP for the peace of mind that what they see on the label is what is really in it.

#2)  But this all begs the question--why isn't supply rising to meet that demand like it has with computers? Maybe because of bogosity involving governments in those and other countries?

#1)  Yeah, Orthorexia Nervosa is definitely a thing.  I don't think it is a type of anorexia though, that's just silly. But it is still an eating disorder, and it is just suffering for the sake of suffering:  http://wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

Quote from: Travis Retriever on October 20, 2014, 02:56:54 PM
#3)  Hence why I only take one (at most) a day.  The reasons? Greater dietary flexibility primarily.  My advice, anyone wanting to use a multivitamin might want to make sure their brand is certified by the USP for the peace of mind that what they see on the label is what is really in it.

Or better still, check with your doctor to see if you even need one at all. A blood test will tell for sure.

Pfffthahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 20, 2014, 03:33:00 PM
Or better still, check with your doctor to see if you even need one at all. A blood test will tell for sure.
Which is something I would have done, however, I'm told a blood test that checks vitamin/minerals like that tends to cost more than the standard one that checks the basic stuff (e.g. cholesterol, salt, blood sugar, etc), and until, I have a job, I only have a crappy govco insurance, and I am NOT playing with that crap again unless I absolutely 100% need it. I've had all of them I want to deal with. Stupid healthcare cronyism...

Reminds me of Armi Legge's article on clean eating noting that the majority of people actually don't have nutrient deficiencies.  Ironically, it's usually the people who are dieting because of decreased total calories and irrational avoidance of certain foods and food groups who tend to be most likely to be deficient.

I mainly use it as nutritional insurance policy and dietary flexibility.

Quote from: D on October 20, 2014, 03:57:19 PM

@OP:  Bitch, please, you'd get your ass handed to you.

Quote from: D on October 20, 2014, 03:57:19 PM

Hope you enjoy my longsword upside your head.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

I don't believe in enforcing IP, but this is still pretty intellectually dishonest and lazy

Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart