Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 31, 2014, 06:45:25 PM #6540 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:53:50 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: dallen68 on August 30, 2014, 09:53:17 PM
When was the disrespect? Where is the sabatoge?  Where is tje betraal?

His whole political career wad a long example of it. To specify, Nixon totally did all that to himself and worse his country

Point of my post was simply that Obama's political enemies are by themselves not the most efficient "saboteurs". The republicans still suck though
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]HmBv64gJc-8[/yt]

While I love Korra and enjoy this vid, the "yeah the earth queen was horrible but the world needs leaders." Thing is bullshit.
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Quote from: AnCapBrony on August 31, 2014, 09:28:47 PM
[yt]HmBv64gJc-8[/yt]

While I love Korra and enjoy this vid, the "yeah the earth queen was horrible but the world needs leaders." Thing is bullshit.

That was the message of Book 3 to begin with.

I just...fucking what?!

And before anyone asks, yes, this WAS a legitimate conversation on Twitter.

Quote from: D on September 01, 2014, 08:58:01 AM
That was the message of Book 3 to begin with.
I don't think so. I think that it was that arguments through initiation of force will always make things worse.
You hear many characters say that the idea of a monarch is outdated, but Zaheer took it one step too far.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on September 01, 2014, 10:53:03 AM
I don't think so. I think that it was that arguments through initiation of force will always make things worse.
You hear many characters say that the idea of a monarch is outdated, but Zaheer took it one step too far.

They made it clear as day that despite how awful the Earth Queen was, without her there the capital was sent into chaos.

While Zaheer was calm and collected during all his speeches, the heroes constantly pointed out that he was a mad man specifically because he wanted no world leaders. Hell, he even goes as far as to say himself that chaos is order.

Quote from: D on September 01, 2014, 11:52:05 AM
They made it clear as day that despite how awful the Earth Queen was, without her there the capital was sent into chaos.

While Zaheer was calm and collected during all his speeches, the heroes constantly pointed out that he was a mad man specifically because he wanted no world leaders. Hell, he even goes as far as to say himself that chaos is order.

Well it's not like the villain in the last airbender was some rulers who waged a 100 year war and wanted to literally incinerate an entire continent. Oh wait...

Quote from: AnCapBrony on September 01, 2014, 12:25:37 PM
Well it's not like the villain in the last airbender was some rulers who waged a 100 year war and wanted to literally incinerate an entire continent. Oh wait...

That's what makes the entire thing absolutely absurd. The writers have touched on evil governments before, yet for some reason even though they're evil, they're still better than no government at all.

Makes no god damned sense.

Quote from: D on September 01, 2014, 11:52:05 AM

They called Zaheer a madman because he is willing to hurt innocent people, including children. I mean he threw one of his followers into an endless fog for being followed by Team Avatar. No where did they say he was a madman because he wants no world leaders, it's because he is willing kidnap and kill people for that goal. And alot of crazy people seem calm and collected like that.
And the earth capital going to chaos, that tends to happen when oppressive states suddenly fall.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 01, 2014, 06:59:11 PM
[HEADDESK]

The 7 Strangest Libertarian Ideas

#1-I think this wouldn't be an issue if children had freedom to choose there parents after birth.  Seriously NO ONE is unaffected by the poor (especially starving children) absolutely NO ONE.  With that in mind no community is going to let a child starve
#2-This article addresses the second point nicely.
#3-Simplistic thinking gives simplistic response.  Medicare pays less encouraging doctors to overbill, and bill services not performed/unnecessary.  When they can't shift those costs to other consumers.  But that's not the only problem with this response.
#4-How is this justice?  How is infringing upon the freedom to associate just?  Seriously, how?

The rest are filed under "said by no libertarian being serious" or "deliberate misrepesentation".
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 01, 2014, 06:59:11 PM
[HEADDESK]

The 7 Strangest Libertarian Ideas

"Few movements in the United States today harbor stranger political ideas than the self-proclaimed libertarians. The Rand Paul school of libertarianism is at least as far outside the mainstream on the right as, say, a rather doctrinaire old-school form of Marxism/Leninism is on the left. "

Right off the bat, they go for the false equivalency between Marxists and libertarians, claiming that libertarians are no more "extreme" than Communists. The problem is that communism has been tried many times in many countries and have failed each and every time. Libertarianism hasn't even been allowed to be considered an option.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on September 01, 2014, 02:18:05 PM
They called Zaheer a madman because he is willing to hurt innocent people, including children. I mean he threw one of his followers into an endless fog for being followed by Team Avatar. No where did they say he was a madman because he wants no world leaders, it's because he is willing kidnap and kill people for that goal. And alot of crazy people seem calm and collected like that.
And the earth capital going to chaos, that tends to happen when oppressive states suddenly fall.

During the conversation they had in the spirit world, when Zaheer made his goal clear that he wanted a world without governments, Korra's reaction was that it would bring the world into chaos. It wasn't, "That's a good idea but you're doing it wrong" or "I agree with the goal but disagree with the method on how to achieve that goal." Nowhere was it ever made clear that Zaheer's final goals were anything but a road to disorder and chaos. Again, they even have him flat out say that disorder is the ultimate form of balance. If there is a message that this arc had it was that while tyrannical governments are bad, having no governments is also bad.

Lao Tzu

September 02, 2014, 12:38:54 PM #6554 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:43:31 PM by AnCapBrony
[yt]luV7XHQ-Q5Y[/yt]

This ancom really pisses me off. And some fail on our friend "anarchy is an attention seeking philosophy"