Texas Bashing

Started by FeatheredTerror, April 16, 2014, 10:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 18, 2014, 01:39:06 PM #15 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:42:15 PM by Skm1091
Quote from: VectorM on April 18, 2014, 12:09:26 PM
Virtually all of the American bashers don't know donkey turd about the US, besides confirmation bias anecdotes and cherry picked statistics here and there.  Same thing with most European lovers i've noticed. The US bashers don't know much about the US and the EU lovers don't know much about the EU.

SOmetimes the anecdotes are really hilarious. There was this guy who told me that Americans had crappy food because the FDA was "lazy" and they didn't regulate enough!

Or this one guy who bought an "American" chocolate from his local store and it tasted like shit, henceforth, all American chocolates/food sucks.

Sometimes it makes you want to go to a western European country and be as loud and obnoxious as possible out of sheer amusement and spite, doesn't it?

Never heard much of it here and whenever people do, it's very obviously done purely for humor and not something to be taken seriously.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...