Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on July 06, 2011, 12:05:59 AMThe statists he keeps having to debunk (especially the one(s) who keep reasserting the same point--like Standard Oil being a monopoly) are the major fail quotes.

Ah yes, I remember that one.

Me: (lots of reasons Standard Oil couldn't gain monopoly power)

Them: Stop cherry-picking Standard Oil!

Me: Okay, give me a counter-example.

Them: Standard Oil!

Quote from: Virgil0211 on July 06, 2011, 12:46:35 AM
It's "you and I".....Wtf?....Mr. Eye Trysohard to sound smart is still making a fool out of himself.....You're silly..lol...I normally don't proofread people's work, but such a .rudimentary error for YOU to make is just way too much fun to pass up.....ha/ha....  watch?v=GjFOV-b0GtI

Yeah, that's a peeve of mine...people say "[blank] and I" when they're in the objective instead of the nominative.

"Janet and I are going to the movies."

"Bob is going to the movies with Janet and me."

It's not like it's hard...

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 06, 2011, 07:56:54 AM
Yeah, that's a peeve of mine...people say "[blank] and I" when they're in the objective instead of the nominative.

"Janet and I are going to the movies."

"Bob is going to the movies with Janet and me."

It's not like it's hard...

Agreed. In addition, just how desperate do you have to be to hammer on imaginary grammar mistakes?

Though, I think the funniest one is how he insists that, because the topic is evolution, I'm not allowed to criticize his logic or reasoning. He even claimed it was a logical fallacy at one point, of all things.

I really want to know where he got his college education, if there's any truth to his claims. I'm just dumbfounded that anyone could have survived even a community college while being that dense.

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 06, 2011, 07:53:07 AM
Ah yes, I remember that one.

Me: (lots of reasons Standard Oil couldn't gain monopoly power)

Them: Stop cherry-picking Standard Oil!

Me: Okay, give me a counter-example.

Them: Standard Oil!

I couldn't even be bothered to read all of that thread. It made my head hurt with all of the lunacy.

>WE NEED GOVERNMENT!
>Government fucked us over several times, here are examples
>WE NEED GOVERNMENT!

[yt]CaQV4fYzB3U[/yt]

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-pro-marijuana-arguments-that-arent-helping/
I haven't yet read them yet, but after looking at each item in the list, I'd say this is probably leaning towards fail quotes.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on July 07, 2011, 02:08:56 PM
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-pro-marijuana-arguments-that-arent-helping/
I haven't yet read them yet, but after looking at each item in the list, I'd say this is probably leaning towards fail quotes.

Not as fail as it could have been, but still pretty fail. Some good points, though.

July 07, 2011, 04:08:41 PM #952 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:49:00 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: MrBogosity on July 07, 2011, 02:31:18 PMNot as fail as it could have been, but still pretty fail. Some good points, though.

And to think, John Cheese was on such a roll too.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Everything said by MsZeitgeist85, FangoFan68 & his brother whedonfreak976 in the comment section of this video:

[yt]A7z4iHCNHMI[/yt]

Kind of on the obvious side, but yeah, may as well put it here:

[yt]IbpikGN_NpY[/yt]

"a constitution written by slave owners for slave owners. We need many more amendments." - politicalarticles

This is the guy who uploaded the Rachel Maddow video in which she makes an even bigger ass out of herself in regards to nullification.

In fact, all of the posts by that guy are full of shit.

"Bush committed war crimes -- killing upto a million Iraqis and thousands of American soldiers, and I didn't see a single black person revolting in the streets and trying to overthrow his government. Now, we see white people running around menacingly with civil war pistols tucked next to their balls -- while Obama is trying to clean up Bush's mess. It's all about that 'darkie' in OUR whitehouse -- isn't it?"

Quote from: D on July 11, 2011, 10:27:57 AM"a constitution written by slave owners for slave owners. We need many more amendments." - politicalarticles

Um, why wasn't the 13th Amendment enough to take care of that?

And why would ANYTHING need "many more amendments"? Couldn't you just compile everything you need into a single amendment?

If Maddow had posted that to this forum she would have been instantly banned.

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 11, 2011, 10:41:35 AM
Um, why wasn't the 13th Amendment enough to take care of that?

And why would ANYTHING need "many more amendments"? Couldn't you just compile everything you need into a single amendment?

If Maddow had posted that to this forum she would have been instantly banned.

Because it is easy for weak minded people to cling to something that happened and blatantly ignore the events that occurred after it which dealt with the problem.

I normally like Jack Hunter, but sometimes he posts videos that are a tad on the questionable side.

[yt]8bus9ooBol0[/yt]

[yt]APbHxCGOMOg[/yt]