Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: VectorM on May 18, 2011, 04:14:38 AMKeep in mind, they had NO IDEA who this guy was, before I mentioned him. They've never heard of this story, EVER. And yet they had the audacity to tell me what actually happened. Unbelievable.

Yeah, I get that all the time: someone's never heard of someone or something and two minutes later they're acting like an expert about it.

I get that with some other people, too, can't think of whom right at the moment...something to do with biology, and they pretend to be knowledgeable of principles of biology and evidence for morphology and genetics they hadn't heard of five minutes earlier...let's see, whom am I thinking of...

"Like the rest of America I cheered at the news of the killing of Osama bin Laden. I was thrilled. It made my night...and the next day too. One of the great vile, evil, villains of modern history had been eliminated. If you weren't celebrating, there is a chip missing from your DNA." --Wayne Allyn Root

<RED_DWARF>No, he hasn't--you're still here!</RED_DWARF>

"Who are you to ask whether or not God's action is justified? Whatever God does is just no matter what you say or think." - A super Christian I had a conversation with.

Ask him the age-old question: does God do it because it's just, or is it just because God does it?

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 18, 2011, 04:20:25 PM
Ask him the age-old question: does God do it because it's just, or is it just because God does it?

That's really not even the worst of it.

Here's one person's view of why atheists are wrong when it comes to the afterlife:
"So I can't really understand how Atheist can say there is god or heaven when 1)No dead Atheist has ever come and been like 'Well there no heaven guys, I been down here for hours and I'm just rotting', It's kinda silly in alot of ways."

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 18, 2011, 04:24:13 PM
That's really not even the worst of it.

Here's one person's view of why atheists are wrong when it comes to the afterlife:
"So I can't really understand how Atheist can say there is god or heaven when 1)No dead Atheist has ever come and been like 'Well there no heaven guys, I been down here for hours and I'm just rotting', It's kinda silly in alot of ways."

So I can't really understand how Christians can say there is no Nirvana or enlightenment when 1) No dead Christian has ever come back and been like "Sorry, but there's no Nirvana guys, I been here hours and I'm just rotting." It's kinda silly in alot of way.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

http://mises.org/daily/5294
I really lost a lot of respect for Jeffrey Tucker with this one.  Honestly, the this left such a bad taste in my mouth, I couldn't even get through it.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 19, 2011, 12:55:33 AM
http://mises.org/daily/5294
I really lost a lot of respect for Jeffrey Tucker with this one.  Honestly, the this left such a bad taste in my mouth, I couldn't even get through it.

Because he said stupid things, or because he talks about Bieber in a positive way (I guess that would be the stupid part)?

Quote from: VectorM on May 19, 2011, 03:45:20 AMBecause he said stupid things, or because he talks about Bieber in a positive way (I guess that would be the stupid part)?

That, and for using a documentary ("Never Say Never") as an authoritative source.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 19, 2011, 08:46:17 AM
That, and for using a documentary ("Never Say Never") as an authoritative source.

So you lost a lot of respect for him, because he talks about Bieber in a positive way?

May 19, 2011, 09:41:32 AM #880 Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:45:46 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: VectorM on May 19, 2011, 09:37:44 AMSo you lost a lot of respect for him, because he talks about Bieber in a positive way?
Well, when you compare *him* to the Beatles and Elvis, I facepalm.  Though using a documentary as an authoritative source was the straw that broke my back and got me to stop reading.

I was annoyed Jeffrey brought him up at all, though.

I apologize if I'm coming off as being a bit petty, but I'm just really sick of people mentioning *him* at all.  I can't tell you how many top rated youtube comments I've seen bashing *him*.  I'm just sick of hearing about him. >_<

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 19, 2011, 09:41:32 AM
Well, when you compare *him* to the Beatles and Elvis, I facepalm.  Though using a documentary as an authoritative source was the straw that broke my back and got me to stop reading.

I was annoyed Jeffrey brought him up at all, though.

I apologize if I'm coming off as being a bit petty, but I'm just really sick of people mentioning *him* at all.  I can't tell you how many top rated youtube comments I've seen bashing *him*.  I'm just sick of hearing about him. >_<

THIS!

I wouldn't have ever known who he was had people not constantly bashed the kid.

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 19, 2011, 10:01:39 AM
THIS!

I wouldn't have ever known who he was had people not constantly bashed the kid.
Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that way. :)

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 19, 2011, 09:41:32 AM
Well, when you compare *him* to the Beatles and Elvis, I facepalm.

Well, this is just my opinion, not based on anything substantial, but i think that if the Internet existed back in those days, Elvis would be treated the same way Bieber is treated today - the mainstream loves him, the Internetz hate him.

Quote from: VectorM on May 18, 2011, 04:14:38 AM
No, you are just the current Gumba Masta.

I'm also the past and the future one...
OMFG!
I just realised, I'm motherfucking eternal!