Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You mean the four of us?

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on January 29, 2011, 04:54:20 PMAnd from the above video from Lord T Hawkeye, here's that same wanker commenting:

"@lordthawkeye You seem to think that Japan ever made an offer to surrender before H&N. Sorry, but you are completely wrong. Mark Twain said it best: 'It ain't ignorance that is dangerous, it's people knowin' things that just ain't so'"--kentamitchell
And he's back again.

"@lordthawkeye LOL! I might very well ask you the same question.
You have better evidence than a decoded cable from the Japanese Foreign Minister sent 8/2/45? Bring it on!
I really hope you aren't one of the many dupes of that famous fabrication by Chicago Tribune's columnist Walter Trohan. It is very popular among people who take wikipedia at face value."--kentamitchell

"You would do well to read Richard Frank's 'Downfall'. There were 28 neutral embassies in Tokyo in 1945, and US codebreakers were monitoring the diplomatic cable traffic of all of those embassies. All 28 of them were reporting that the Japanese military intended to fight to the last- toretain power through a compromise peace.
Are you aware that the J Army had committed >700k troops & >10k kamikazes to defend Kyushu, & was drafting 'volunteers m15-60 f17-40. Not the act of ppl about to surrender"--kentamitchell

"@lordthawkeye Secretary of War Henry Stimson put it very well: 'the atomic bombs were our least abhorrent choice'"--kentamitchell

"@nicolaswirth Death toll from H&N was approx 200k. In 1945 there were approx 100k Allied POWs & 100k civilian internees in J custody. (40k POWs & 30k civilian internees had died in j custody)"--kentamichell
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

But wait, there's even more: 

"@lordthawkeye They WEREN'T??? You need to do your homework. Field Marshal Hata (one of 42,000 J troops in Hiroshima) was the Commanding Officer of the J 2nd Area Army. He'd been both Minister of War & Commander of the Chinese Expeditionary Army during the Zhejiang-Jiangxi campaign where >250,000 Chinese died. So are you arguing that it is only permissable touse bombs only against guilty individuals? Terribly naive." --kentamitchell

"@lordthawkeye Irrelevant? NOT HARDLY! You claim J was ready to surrender. They were certainly not. So what is this wonderful scource of yours that J govt had a plan to surrender w/one condition? A plan that Japanese Foreign Minister Togo was completely unaware of as larte as Aug 2, 1945. LOL!" --kentamitchell

"@lordthawkeye Thucydides' History of the Peloppensian War in the 5th century BCE tells of an Athenian who taunted a Spartan who'd been captured. The Spartan replied "Arrows would be worth a great deal if they could pick out brave men from cowards". Bombs would be worth a great deal if they could destroy only those directly responsible for war crimes. " --kentamitchell

"@lordthawkeye Let's see the "evidence"

Or shouldn't you be getting busy writing up your retraction and apology?" --kentamitchell

Because nothing says supporter of freedom like support of mass murder...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

So, that Japan offerd a surrender under the condition that the emperor remained emperor, which was rejected by the US who then bombed Japan, which led to a unconditional surrender that led the US to leave the emperor being emperor anyway is not relevant to him?

He denies it ever happened.

The problem with these people is that they take such statements as a personal accusement of guilt, which leads to a almost fanatical defense of the actions of ones country beyond any sense or reason, or somesuch psychological bullshit. I don't really know what I'm talking about here anyway.

[yt]ZiSMBG4WSxY[/yt]

Moral of the story, fuck LaRouche.

Thanks to Apptendo for posting.

I like her glasses but that's about it.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on January 30, 2011, 01:01:42 AMMoral of the story, fuck LaRouche.

And liberal Democrats try to deny he's one of them by calling him a libertarian

Quote from: Gumba Masta on January 30, 2011, 01:10:09 AM
I like her glasses but that's about it.

She's DEFINITELY not going to get a job at CBS News anytime soon.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 30, 2011, 08:18:03 AMAnd liberal Democrats try to deny he's one of them by calling him a libertarian
Because calling a dog a cat makes it meow in their world.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 30, 2011, 08:18:03 AMShe's DEFINITELY not going to get a job at CBS News anytime soon.
True.  Now MSNBC on the other hand...

From the following video, [yt]xEWVt6xyjLU[/yt]

Starting @2:45 - "A question that I would like to pose is if we cannot use the Bible to support the Bible as Christians, why is it that science can be used to support science?"

The worst part?  I know someone outside of the web (who isn't even a Christian) who asks that question...
As I said to him, science is tautologically justified.  That is, it just says that more repeatable predictions are more reliable; ergo it *IS* justified philosophically.  I am really getting sick of pseudo-philosopher fucktards like them trying to muddle up science, when what they have is blatantly worse by every objective standard...

Starting @6:43(ish) --Thunderf00t ridicules Shawn for claiming to possess special knowledge that no one else has...Am I the only one who sees the irony there?  As a statist TF believes the people in the state have access to special knowledge (e.g. where to set interest rates) that no one else has, so why all the hostility towards what is essentially something he believes as well?

OK, so I don't fill up this thread with more of kentamitchell's bullshit, here's the video he's been commenting on.

[yt]6bboqH5u6bo[/yt]

Note how, even after being sent the source that Shane shared with Lord T Hawkeye, he *STILL* won't acknowledge that Japan was already offering to surrender...

Honestly, I don't see what your problem is Hotchap.
Look here i show you, rape, genocide and mistreatment of war prisoners by japan crime.
Rape, genocide and mistreatment of war prisoners by the US, it's awwwwwwright.
There. Why can't you get that fact into your stupid little monkey head?

"And taxes? Again, the numbers don't lie -- in the U.S. taxes are the lowest they've been since 1950, and now that the Bush-era tax cuts have been temporarily extended, they will continue to be until 2012 at the soonest. The government even threw you an extra two percent reduction in payroll tax as a cherry on top. The U.S. has the second-lowest taxes among developed countries."--Source: 5 Complaints About Modern Life (That Are Statistically B.S.) By Mark M., M. Asher Cantrell

Rebuttals:  http://mises.org/daily/4946 ; [yt]3nw0eZe2J9A[/yt]

That quote was from item #5 on the list, about things getting more expensive.  Funny how what they *don't* mention is that because wages are stickier than other prices, most people (e.g. the ones who don't get to spend the new money first--the government, the big banks, the politically connected corporations) have smaller real incomes.
And don't get me started on the way the gov't calculates cost of living/CPI stuff...
The best inflation indicator that we know of would be M3, which, according to Shane (according to independent assessments according to Shane) has been increasing at roughly 10% per year or something like that.  So that's about 10% yearly inflation, especially given the gigantic deficits our federal government has been throwing out.

QuoteIt says on your video that "adding comments has been disabled" so I guess I cannot respond there.

I have a few sources and information backing up my argument.

You are correct that the Imperial Government was willing to surrender, however, the Military was not and was indeed willing to fight to the last man. This is the problem. Even if the Government had accepted surrender before the bombings, the Military would attack the first Americans that set foot in Japan, and maybe even overthrow the Government to prevent surrender. (The overthrow is my personal speculation, but still a valid hypothesis). Look at my sources and tell me what you think, and I will do the same with what you sent me. If you are willing to have an intelligent discussion debating facts and opinions without personal attacks on each other, I am definitly interested. Also, please understand that I am not ignorant enough to think the Atomic Bombings were not horrible, nor do I believe that the Japanese were an evil race that needed to be completly wiped out. I just feel that they were the lesser of two evils and necessary to end the war quickly and save lives.

We dropped leaflets to warn people of destruction and ask them to beg the government for surrender. They still refused. (Harry S. Truman Library, Miscellaneous historical document file, no. 258)

The Japanese code of bushido—"the way of the warrior"—was deeply ingrained. Surrender was unacceptable, and it was better to die honroably than surrender and be dishonored. (http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/wwii/articles/bushido.aspx)

The Japanese military was willing to fight to the "final Armageddon," regardless of what the Imperial Government wanted.- Richard B Frank, World War II historian and author (http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/894mnyyl.asp?page=1)

"Military leaders also hoped that if they could hold out until the ground invasion of Japan began, they would be able to inflict so many casualties on the Allies that Japan still might win some sort of negotiated settlement ." (http://www.cfo.doe.gov/me70/manhattan/surrender.htm)

More information that Government and Military could not reach an agreement: H. Bix, Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan, 2001, p. 512.

"Rational calculations did not determine Japan's position. Although a peace faction within the government wished to end the war—provided certain conditions were met—militants were prepared to fight on regardless of consequences. They claimed to welcome an invasion of the home islands, promising to inflict such hideous casualties that the United States would retreat from its announced policy of unconditional surrender. The militarists held effective power over the government and were capable of defying the emperor, as they had in the past, on the ground that his civilian advisers were misleading him... Even after both bombs had fallen and Russia entered the war, Japanese militants insisted on such lenient peace terms that moderates knew there was no sense even transmitting them to the United States. Hirohito had to intervene personally on two occasions during the next few days to induce hardliners to abandon their conditions... [The fact] That they would have conceded defeat months earlier, before such calamities struck, is far-fetched to say the least." (http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/magazine/ah/1995/3/1995_3_70_print.shtml)

Sent this to me in a PM.  Seriously, what part of "I'm not arguing that the US should have invaded Japan instead" is this guy incapable of processing?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...