Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Good thing the JREF is'nt the JREF Message Boards.

[yt]bnI-PzoIFdU[/yt]
The saddest thing about this video?
The guy who made it claims to be 46 years old.
I seriously thought a 10 year old made it.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

That... That was'nt a real video by a real person, right?
That was just some satirists sad attempt at being witty and biting and failing at it, right? ...right?!

"A person with a IQ of 110 today belongs to the avarage category, Since an an eye-queue of 100 points is normalized to the avarge of the population; because the standard-deviation s=15 points. Since 1999, the eye-queue decreases in all western nations between 3...15 points per decade. Consequently, such a person stood at or below the avarage in 1999. Consequently, he could be used e.g. for simple office works. The eye-queue is NOT a complete measurement of intelligence. Fluidic intelligence- and problem-solving strategies are not accordingly recorded. A better indicator is, how many persons are required to do a particular job - connected to all aspects of intelligence. While in 2001, 1 person could perform a demanding office job in my country, today 3 persons are required - for the same work. Consequently, we can say, the effective decline of intelligence is about 67% per decade. Thus, in 2021, we need 9 people for the fore mentioned job and in 2031, 27 people will be required, etc.."--debrainwasher posted on this profile page

So who wants to tell this guy that "idiocracy" is not a reliable source of scientific knowledge, or any knowledge at all?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Or just mention the Flynn Effect to him.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on December 14, 2010, 07:00:17 PM
"A person with a IQ of 110 today belongs to the avarage category, Since an an eye-queue of 100 points is normalized to the avarge of the population; because the standard-deviation s=15 points. Since 1999, the eye-queue decreases in all western nations between 3...15 points per decade. Consequently, such a person stood at or below the avarage in 1999. Consequently, he could be used e.g. for simple office works. The eye-queue is NOT a complete measurement of intelligence. Fluidic intelligence- and problem-solving strategies are not accordingly recorded. A better indicator is, how many persons are required to do a particular job - connected to all aspects of intelligence. While in 2001, 1 person could perform a demanding office job in my country, today 3 persons are required - for the same work. Consequently, we can say, the effective decline of intelligence is about 67% per decade. Thus, in 2021, we need 9 people for the fore mentioned job and in 2031, 27 people will be required, etc.."--debrainwasher posted on this profile page

So who wants to tell this guy that "idiocracy" is not a reliable source of scientific knowledge, or any knowledge at all?

Poe's Law

December 14, 2010, 08:19:09 PM #576 Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:33:26 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: Gumba Masta on December 13, 2010, 04:08:06 AM
That... That was'nt a real video by a real person, right?
That was just some satirists sad attempt at being witty and biting and failing at it, right? ...right?!

The words you're looking for are "Poe's Law" and no, he seems pretty genuine to me.

December 14, 2010, 08:26:51 PM #577 Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:33:44 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: MrBogosity on December 14, 2010, 07:20:01 PMOr just mention the Flynn Effect to him.

Or that bullshit unfalsifiable anecdotes are worthless as far as scientific claims go.

The fails, as usual, are in red:

Me (in response to this guy doxxing someone):  "@shadowgeyser
Where'd you find all that?"

shadowgeyser: "I also have his phone number and street address. Interested?
Despite youtube's 'rules' what I'm doing is not illegal. It's free public information contained in any phonebook."

And it doesn't make it any less of a dick move.

December 15, 2010, 01:54:40 AM #579 Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:59:04 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"5% to 6% global plant production decline in the past ten years, linked to CO2-caused climate change. 40% of the world's phytoplankton gone. Corrals bleaching; oceans turning more acidic. 3c to 4c temperature increase expected within 90 years. And that's the GOOD news. Glaciers melting and not reforming means loss of drinking water for nearly 1 billion people."--Desertphile Source

"The score so far: two studies, one poll, and one survey reported the same findings: scientific consensus about AGW is better than 97%. More than 30,000 peer-reviewed science papers on the subject, by over 600 science organizations world-wide, written by more than 3,100 science teams---- and the best the reality-deniers have is FOX 'news' and a fake English lord."--Desertphile Source

He's talking about Lord Battman I mean Mountbattoon here, right?

"You watch the watchers by voting."--funisverygood
Because nothing says "Fail Quote" quite like a self-detonating/internally contradicting argument.

Source of the Fail Quote is the comment section of this video: [yt]oR0ZXu5brQo[/yt]

December 18, 2010, 02:42:22 PM #582 Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:44:23 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"You want to know how? After analysing a lot of pro-choice essays and comments, I came to that conclussion, you guys think that abortion must be a way of mercy-killing, due to, if the babies are born, they won't enjoy the same benefits as if they're wanted children."--GohanLSSJ2 in the comments to this video: [yt]8LW1kbFsDC4[/yt]

1) Of said essays, he cited none of.
2) No, the support comes from the fact that the baby is a part of the mother's body until it is born, and as such, the mother has a right to do with as she pleases.  Where he gets this, "mercy killing" shit is beyond me.

Many of us, (Stefan, Shane, Lord T Hawkeye, myself and others) are against abortion. We have just accepted the reality that government prohibition doesn't work.

During a conversation with me and my conservative friend (The same one that prompted me to start this thread), I stated this,

Me: "So who do you trust, the people, or the government?"

Conservative Friend: "Heh.  I trust neither."

And yet throughout that in that conversation, he constantly treats government as the default winner...

Well they have lots of gun.