Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Look at the thread on unnamed logical fallacies. The Best Game In Town Fallacy is when you assert superiority of your options over other existing options--which, even if you could prove it, does not mean you get to avoid problems with your options or consider other alternatives which aren't in place.

Ah, okay.

Oy, this guy just doesn't give up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRzOqXL-5I0

British if I'm reading him right which doesn't surprise me one bit.  They got a double dose of uber nanny state and despite how much they trample their rights, they still leap to it's defense.  Talk about a bad case of battered wife syndrome!
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

"Asians have always saved 30% or more. Americans never saved more then 10% years ago. Americans have had a negative saving rate for decades. How does economics explain such a monster difference? It can't. Only anthropology or sociology can study cultural differences.

We borrowed from the savers (Asians). Karl Marx wrote 'whoever rules China rules the world.'"--RadioHogan

"You are assuming people save with paper money. Americans do not save at all. This is their answer to inflation.

Asians, on the other hand, exchange paper money for gold (Indians & Chinese, for example). There are the folks who now control the world. What we do doesn't matter. The Chineses are converting paper money into commodities as fast as they can (copper, iron, etc.)."--RadioHogan
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"atheist (n.): One who believes there is no god.

If you do not believe there is no god you are not an atheist, a nonatheist."--gklr, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt1wDNRkllQ

gklr is a fucking moron.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]GJ3A4aBNK9M[/yt]
He also made this video.
What do you think?

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on March 11, 2010, 10:07:03 PM
"atheist (n.): One who believes there is no god.

If you do not believe there is no god you are not an atheist, a nonatheist."--gklr, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt1wDNRkllQ

gklr is a fucking moron.
If anyone else wants to take this fucktard on, go for it.
I could use the help...
I'm fucking exhausted. @_@

I'm through replying to this sophistic douchebag.

"A gnostic claims to know. No-one is gnostic." -- gklr

I really can't be bothered with him after this either.

Thanks for at trying though.
I really appreciate it, LuminousMonkey. :)
I'm also glad it wasn't just me.

March 12, 2010, 12:01:06 AM #113 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:13:05 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
I also facepalm when he whines about me not showing his fallacies.
There's a reason for that:
1.  I'm as exhausted as fuck.
2.  I don't 'debate' sophistic douche-bags with a chip on their shoulder the size of a mosque.
3.  YouTube auto-marks as spam any comment with quoted material.  How can I?
4.  If he really was in fact, as skilled with logic as he claims he would know they were fallacies and why and what they were called and wouldn't need me to correct them.  So he's a liar either for not correcting himself when he was being fallacious, or he's lying when he says that he knows logical fallacies.

If Virgil0211, Shanedk, FlowCell, LordTHawkeye, etc want to give it a try, they can go for it.

I don't think I've good enough at elucidating my thoughts, or I must be misunderstanding what he's saying.

He says this:

QuoteA gnostic claims to know. No-one is gnostic.

To me that looks like he's using the correct definition of gnostic, then suddenly shifts the meaning right after.  Am I wrong here?

Religious people claim to know god exists all the time, they think such things are knowable.  He just seems to, basically twist around and up his own backside.  But I'm just a simple man, so I could be wrong.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on March 12, 2010, 12:01:06 AM
I also facepalm when he whines about me not showing his fallacies.
There's a reason for that:
1.  I'm as exhausted as fuck.
2.  I don't 'debate' sophistic douche-bags with a chip on their shoulder the size of a mosque.
3.  YouTube auto-marks as spam any comment with quoted material.  How can I?
4.  If he really was in fact, as skilled with logic as he claims he would know they were fallacies and why and what they were called and wouldn't need me to correct them.  So he's a liar either for not correcting himself when he was being fallacious, or he's lying when he says that he knows logical fallacies.

If Virgil0211, Shanedk, FlowCell, LordTHawkeye, etc want to give it a try, they can go for it.

I'm exhausted myself. I've had about 5 big exams in the last couple of weeks, just picked up my exercising routine again, been trying to teach my girlfriend how to lift weights, and a few other issues. Sorry, but I don't think I'd be much help on this one even if I tried. If he's still bothering you in about 3 or 4 days, drop me a line.

He's a religious woo, right? I might know a couple of people who would relish the opportunity. Old 'hunting buddies', if you get my drift.

March 12, 2010, 10:45:02 AM #116 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:36:38 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: Virgil0211 on March 12, 2010, 02:20:08 AM
I'm exhausted myself. I've had about 5 big exams in the last couple of weeks, just picked up my exercising routine again, been trying to teach my girlfriend how to lift weights, and a few other issues. Sorry, but I don't think I'd be much help on this one even if I tried. If he's still bothering you in about 3 or 4 days, drop me a line.

He's a religious woo, right? I might know a couple of people who would relish the opportunity. Old 'hunting buddies', if you get my drift.
He claims to be an atheist (believe it or not).

He has stopped bothering me ever since I stopped replying to his smug, pseudo-intellectual and sophomoric replies.
I did, however make the video he was bitching about my featured video (just to piss him off).
I'm convinced he's a troll.
I know for a fact that he's at least a liar and a sophist.

March 12, 2010, 10:49:36 AM #117 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:31:12 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: LuminousMonkey on March 12, 2010, 12:29:56 AM
I don't think I've good enough at elucidating my thoughts, or I must be misunderstanding what he's saying.

He says this: "A gnostic claims to know. No-one is gnostic."

To me that looks like he's using the correct definition of gnostic, then suddenly shifts the meaning right after.  Am I wrong here?

Religious people claim to know god exists all the time, they think such things are knowable.  He just seems to, basically twist around and up his own backside.  But I'm just a simple man, so I could be wrong.
Because no theist ever claims to know, right?
*rolls eyes at the dude...*
Ray Comfort: "I know, and you don't." --when talking to thunderf00t about the origin of the universe and/or god and stuff.

"So rocks are atheists? They lack belief in a god."--gklr
*facepalms*
Yes, because as we all know, rocks are sentient with the characteristic of belief, right?
*rolls eyes*

"That is quite alright Val. :) Since you are unable to show why atheism is a lack of belief, when I showed that a lack of belief is not anything at all.... you run around commenting I trolled. Ok. Troll this. lol." --gklr

What a fucking condescending prick!
Words are defined as we use them (as he himself says), right?
He says lack of belief in gods is nontheism, except, when I look it up, it says atheism and agnosticism are synonyms.
Can you say epic fail?
As Matt Dilahunty on the Iron Chariots wiki says, "Dictionary definitions can be misleading when dealing with larger philosophical topics like atheism."

"when I showed that a lack of belief is not anything at all"
Right, atheism.
To use his own stupid example of a rock.
It doesn't have belief, it lacks belief, ergo, according to his bogus logic, it is an atheist. :D
He also talks of atheism as "well it exists; a lack of belief doesn't exist, therefore atheism is not a lack of belief"
What kind of bullshit is this?
Is he not aware of the concept of negatives?
And he has the balls to say his definition is the only one logically possible?
By that logic, non-theism is a lack of a belief, which, according to him, therefore doesn't exist.
Non-theism "exists" (however this disingenuous asshole defines it), therefore, non-theism is not a lack of belief.
This is blatant special pleading.
And he has the balls to tell ME to crack open a book of logical fallacies?

What a fucking asshole.