the E-cigarette

Started by 11mc22, March 23, 2009, 11:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 23, 2009, 11:53:19 PM Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 01:37:02 AM by 11mc22
[yt]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U81x8t2iMhw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U81x8t2iMhw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/yt]
this is probably old
but more people should know about this.

no second-hand smoke
no carcinogens
none of the really dangerous chemicals in tobacco

just nicotine vapour

would anti-smokers favor this?

That reminds me of when the nicotine patch first came out, and the government made people get a prescription for them, even though they could still buy cigarettes at the counter with much greater levels of nicotine.

Silly government!

What the hell!? When I was a kid, I remember buying these:

Although I do not think attempting to smoke them was a good idea.

I remember candy cigarettes, too! I'm a living rebuttal of the claim that kids who ate candy cigarettes would grow up to be smoker.

In some places, Candy Cigarettes are illegal now.

I'm not sure how they "promote smoking"

Candy cigarettes involve... eating the candy.

Yeah... try that with a real cigarette...

It's uh... not pleasant.

According to Wikipedia:

QuoteBecause of this, the selling of candy cigarettes has been banned in several countries such as Finland, Norway, the Republic of Ireland, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia[citation needed]. In the United States a ban was considered in 1970 and again in 1991, but was not passed into federal law.[citation needed] The U.S. state of North Dakota enacted a ban on candy cigarettes from 1953 until 1967.[1] In Canada federal law prohibits candy cigarette branding that resembles real cigarette branding[2] and the territory of Nunavut has banned all products that resemble cigarettes[3].

Quote from: Andy120290 on March 27, 2009, 01:16:18 AM
According to Wikipedia:

lets ban bread sticks!
they resemble cigars!

CAPS LOCK ON
BAN BREAD STICKS!!1!!! BAN BREAD STICKS!!!11!!!! BAN BREAD STICKS!!!!!!!1!!! BAN BREAD STICKS!!!!!1!!! BAN BREAD STICKS!!!11!!!1!111 BAN BREAD STICKS!!!!!11!!! BAN BREAD STICKS!!11!!!11!
Copy and paste x 20

My daughter would sometimes watch Boston Legal with me. Sometimes we'd take those hollow chocolate candies with the breading outside (I forget what they're called) and sit back in our chairs holding them like cigars and saying, "Denny Crane" in our best William Shatner voice.

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 27, 2009, 09:19:10 AM
My daughter would sometimes watch Boston Legal with me. Sometimes we'd take those hollow chocolate candies with the breading outside (I forget what they're called) and sit back in our chairs holding them like cigars and saying, "Denny Crane" in our best William Shatner voice.

I have nothing clever to add, but I just wanted to say that this, is AWESOME.

a reason magazine article about this topic just came out

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/132631.html

Gotta love Reason Magazine!

QuoteThe bill, which is supported by Philip Morris but opposed by its smaller competitors, is also supported by the leading anti-smoking groups but opposed by some of their smaller competitors.

Gee, are we noticing a trend here? How come no other news outlet notices this kind of thing?

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 24, 2009, 10:09:37 PM
I remember candy cigarettes, too! I'm a living rebuttal of the claim that kids who ate candy cigarettes would grow up to be smoker.
Legal or not, I don't think anyone would allow their kids to buy this stuff today. The free market at work.  But when you think about it, what kind of sicko sells this shit to kids? Glorify smoking? Why not sell candy lung tumors? or maybe candy heart attacks?

Chris

Do cigarette ads really increase tobacco use?