Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
This sounds like a self-removing problem, in that anyone who does this has eliminated themselves from further anything.
General Discussion / Re: Dude immolates himself as protest to fossil fuel
« Last post by MrBogosity on April 18, 2018, 08:20:19 AM »
Sure sounds like IE material to me!
Future Episodes / Re: Gun Control
« Last post by Edwardnut on April 17, 2018, 11:28:18 PM »
Thanks for the video link. I really want to know. Can you tell me?
General Show Discussion / Re: 10TH EPISODE OPENING!
« Last post by Edwardnut on April 17, 2018, 11:27:32 PM »
I'm waiting for you to come out now I'm waiting
General Discussion / Re: Fav quotes
« Last post by evensgrey on April 17, 2018, 12:50:59 PM »
I'm just wondering how it passes First Amendment muster. Also, what does "influencing" mean? It sounds like the thing they use to stop people passing out FIJA fliers.

I suspect that it is the law they use to stop people passing out FIJA fliers (in those jurisdictions that don't have laws specifically have laws recognizing Nullification, as some states do).

It is generally the case that provisions of the 1st Amendment are not held to immunize actions that would fall under criminal statutes if conducted by different means.  There are other sections that cover other means of attempting to improperly affecting various officials and witnesses, and are usually stronger in their wording.

"Influencing" is usually pretty obvious from what the demonstrators are saying, doing, and have put on their signs.  Note that even violence doesn't seem to get this law actually applied, even in instances when it is quite clear what the rioters are trying to do, as is usually the case when BAMN riots outside a court hearing.
Nominations for Biggest Bogon Emitter and Idiot Extraordinaire / IE: James Comey
« Last post by evensgrey on April 17, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »
OK, here's the transcript from his 20/20 interview:

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/transcript-james-comeys-interview-abc-news-chief-anchor/story?id=54488723

And I think he just managed to talk himself into a stay in Federal prison.  How?  He's claiming there's evidence, that he knew about while still FBI director, that Trump attempted to obstruct justice.  The reason this is a problem for COMEY (much more so than Trump, because nobody seems to really think what Trump did was obstruction except partisans like Comey) is that if he actually thinks he witnessed President Trump attempt to obstruct justice while he was FBI Director, and didn't report it to the Justice Department (which we already know he didn't) then he violated 18 U.S. Code 4 - Misprision of felony.  (There's a fun one for you, knowing about the commission of a felony and not reporting it to appropriate authorities with all possible speed is, in itself, a felony under the usual definition of 'felony' used in US Federal law.)

(I also find it rather amusing there's a mention of his wife telling him to not be 'the torture guy,' probably in early 2004, when he later endorsed color of law cover for torture in 2005.)

(Incidentally, I think I found a provision the covers Hillary's private email server, 18 U.S. Code 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material at

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1924?qt-us_code_temp_noupdates=0#qt-us_code_temp_noupdates

It specifies an offense involving unauthorized removal of classified documents or materials to store them in an unauthorized place.  Since Hillary definitely lacked authority to remove the classification from materials classified by any Department other than State, and she intentionally stored them in her unauthorized private email server, it sure looks like she violated that one hundreds of times.)
« Last post by MrBogosity on April 17, 2018, 12:15:31 PM »
I'm just wondering how it passes First Amendment muster. Also, what does "influencing" mean? It sounds like the thing they use to stop people passing out FIJA fliers.
« Last post by evensgrey on April 17, 2018, 10:50:46 AM »
Here's a kind of interesting thing I ran across while looking for a different statute, 18 U.S. Code 1507 - Picketing or parading:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1507

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Doesn't that sound like the EXACT intentions of BAMN when they show up at a courthouse where a hearing about the mandating of racism is occurring?  How does it come to pass that none of them ever end up in prison for that?
« Last post by evensgrey on April 16, 2018, 03:47:25 PM »
OK, a really nice and clever picture that brings somebody who's death got overshadowed back in:

So, this takes some background, most of which you can get at the page the picture came from:

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/ottawa/kanata%20author%20illustration%20honour%20pitre%20humboldt%20goes%20viral/17274334/story.html

Pitre is Johnathan Pitre, who was Canadian, and recently died of complications from an experimental treatment for Epidermolysis_bullosa.  EB had prevented him from playing any sports, and he always had wanted to play hockey.

The Humbolt Broncos are a Canadian junior hockey team who were on a bus trip to a playoff game two days after Johnathan's death when there was a horrific crash with a semi.  Of the 29 people on the bus, 15 died at the scene and a 16th has since died in hospital.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10