Podcast for 10-10-2011

Started by MrBogosity, October 09, 2011, 04:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
[mp3]https://bogosity.podbean.com/mf/web/kpx5xr/BogosityPodcast-10-10-2011.mp3[/mp3]

News of the Bogus:Biggest Bogon Emitter: Judson Phillips http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/30/denying-vote-propertyless-makes-lot-sense-tea-party-nation-pres/

Idiot Extraordinaire: NC Governor Bev Perdue http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/27/north-carolina-governor-suggests-suspending-elections-to-spur-economic/

This Week's Quote: "In the eyes of anyone who has read history, disobedience is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience and rebellion that progress has been made." —Oscar Wilde.

Okay, so I saw Tapper laying a beatdown on that guy. Seriously, that is deserving of Fav Quotes.

Quote from: D on October 09, 2011, 04:47:15 PM
Okay, so I saw Tapper laying a beatdown on that guy. Seriously, that is deserving of Fav Quotes.

Which guy? And do you have a link?

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 09, 2011, 04:54:05 PM
Which guy? And do you have a link?

The video is in the first link on Awlaki. It is right above the article itself. Tapper just dominated that press secretary.

Oh, yes. Tapper's the reporter who grilled Carney, and Carney basically replied with "La la la I can't hear you."

We need more reporters like Tapper. Where were they when Bush was beating the war drums?

October 09, 2011, 05:12:43 PM #5 Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:51:32 PM by D
Quote from: MrBogosity on October 09, 2011, 05:03:34 PM
Oh, yes. Tapper's the reporter who grilled Carney, and Carney basically replied with "La la la I can't hear you."

We need more reporters like Tapper. Where were they when Bush was beating the war drums?

Standing behind him tooting their horns.

By the way, I just remembered this too. ABC's This Week claimed that Ron Paul's "stock" went down because he called out the assassination for the unconstitutional freedom hating action that it was. Funny that one of their own is also calling it out in DC.

Well, like I said on YouTube, Gibson has gotten this sort of nonsense before.  The BSA hit them for unlicensed software once, and their revenge was demonstrating that mid-sized corporations don't NEED any BSA software.

France...France has never been big on human rights to begin with.  The French government clearly is completely out to lunch about the Internet, too.

Belgian courts have been idiots about the Internet before.   Remember when they ruled that Google News couldn't quote from Belgian newspapers?  (Of course, they then cried foul when Google COMPLIED with the ruling and removed all references to Belgian newspapers from ALL results, since there's no LEGAL difference between Google News and any other Google results.  They actually wanted to make Google PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF INDEXING THEM.)

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 09, 2011, 07:26:57 PM
Win:

Subtle... =P

Quote from: evensgrey on October 09, 2011, 11:39:11 PM
Belgian courts have been idiots about the Internet before.   Remember when they ruled that Google News couldn't quote from Belgian newspapers?  (Of course, they then cried foul when Google COMPLIED with the ruling and removed all references to Belgian newspapers from ALL results, since there's no LEGAL difference between Google News and any other Google results.  They actually wanted to make Google PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF INDEXING THEM.)

Is it odd that I started picturing a few roadrunner/coyote cartoons when I read that? =P

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on October 10, 2011, 06:09:53 PM
I don't get it.

The Department of Justice (the boot) is destroying the potential jobs created by Gibson guitars (stomping into the guitar.)

He's crushing a Gibson guitar. See story #2.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on October 10, 2011, 06:09:53 PM
I don't get it.

The ironic thing is, I think political cartoons are often criticized for being too blunt with their symbolism. :-P

Quote from: Virgil0211 on October 10, 2011, 12:13:25 PM
Subtle... =P

Is it odd that I started picturing a few roadrunner/coyote cartoons when I read that? =P

Seems reasonable to me.  The Coyote tended to get himself into much the same sort of positions that courts and governments get themselves into all the time (that is, stupid beyond belief, and obviously predictably for anyone who looks at the situation rationally).

Quote from: evensgrey on October 13, 2011, 10:01:12 AM
Seems reasonable to me.  The Coyote tended to get himself into much the same sort of positions that courts and governments get themselves into all the time (that is, stupid beyond belief, and obviously predictably for anyone who looks at the situation rationally).

I have to admit, the looney toons theme would probably make C-Span a bit more watchable.