Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Conspiracy Theorist: Oh but its all for out benefit hey Vector and El Bel...?? what exactly have we gained from these wars?? anyone?? anyone win anything?? anything positive?? hmmm didn't think so.

Me: Nothing was gained from these wars, yes. And I am agaisnt them just as much as you are.

Then a guy responds to me with this: Really? Do you pay the taxes that fund these wars? Then how can you reconcile the inconsistency between your words and your actions?

If you were against a group of terrorist, would you pay them money and then say "i'm against terrorists"?

Because we all know that taxes are paid by choice, right?

Quote from: VectorM on January 19, 2011, 05:37:49 PM
Then a guy responds to me with this: Really? Do you pay the taxes that fund these wars? Then how can you reconcile the inconsistency between your words and your actions?

If you were against a group of terrorist, would you pay them money and then say "i'm against terrorists"?
Yeah...That definitely belongs in fail quotes.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

These two were having a conversation on JacobSpinney's latest video.

Can you guess which one of these is the fail quote?

nocturnalc:  "They would be incentivized to put out better & better products at free market driven prices because they wouldn't have the guns of the state to squash out their competition. Apathy in a free world won't get you anywhere in any field of interest. By the way, I'm not an advocate of starvation just because I oppose slavery."

To which this guy (mykeBC) responded with: "1. state imposed barriers to competition like what? filling out forms? waiting a few months for a permit? these seem insignificant compared to the real barriers to competition (capital, resources, technical knowhow - the latter 2 of which can be greatly monopolized). 2. have you heard of planned obsolescence? 3. what's to stop cartels and oligopolies? your average person can't suddenly start operating an oil refinery just because the cartels decide to manipulate prices."

I bet this idiot thinks Rockefeller had an oil monopoly, or that OPEC is a free market institution...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Then again, how many oil refineries would you have owned?

"When historians look back at 2008–10, what will puzzle them most, I believe, is the strange triumph of failed ideas. Free-market fundamentalists have been wrong about everything — yet they now dominate the political scene more thoroughly than ever."--Paul Krugman (Source)

The fail continues:

QuoteHow, after runaway banks brought the economy to its knees,

What, you mean because of the housing bubble that YOU said we needed to replace the NASDAQ bubble?

QuoteBut the response should be, what big-government policies?

Maybe the hundreds of thousands if not millions of pages of regulations that make the financial market the most heavily regulated market in the US?

It continues all through the article. Why should anyone trust this lunatic to even SPELL economics, let alone be considered an expert?

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 28, 2011, 10:14:48 PMIt continues all through the article. Why should anyone trust this lunatic to even SPELL economics, let alone be considered an expert?
The worst part?  The idiot got a Nobel Prize in economics.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 28, 2011, 10:22:35 PM
Krugman gets handed his: http://krugman-in-wonderland.blogspot.com/2010/12/paleo-krugmanism.html

Lol. I knew it was a good idea to post that blog. Hell, even my old not-all-that-Austrian macro teacher liked it.

January 29, 2011, 02:25:22 PM #639 Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:36:38 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Both of the following are from the comments of this video:
[yt]6bboqH5u6bo[/yt]

"@lordthawkeye '*talking* surrender'? Are you aware that the Korean peace talks lasted almost two years and the Vietnam talks lasted almost FIVE. J govt had sought Soviet mediation to end war- not surrender.
JambUSSR Sato cabled JForMin Togo 7/45 that J was defeated & could only hope to preserve the Imperial system. Togo replied that J would not accept unconditional surrender under any circumstances. 8/2/45 after Sato requested J peace terms, Togo refused.There was NO offer of surrender"--kentamitchell

"@lordthawkeye There was NO offer of surrender until after H&N. Japan did not plan to invade America- in the 1940s. All they wanted was the EastAsian Co-Prosperity Sphere (replace British, French, & Dutch as colonial rulers) as ONE step towards their ambition to "bring all 8 pillars of the earth under one roof".
Japan did not just wake up one morning & decide to attack PH. True enough. J plans for indefinite expansion had put it on a collision course w/t US since 1905."--kentamitchell

"'America bombed J submarines' TOO FUNNY. Early morning12/7/41 the USS Ward sank a Japanese midget sub in US territorial waters as it tried to sneak into Pearl Harbor.
FYI Hiroshima was the headquarters of the Japanese 2nd Area Army, under Field Marshal Hata. 43,000 J troops were in the city; 20k-30k died in the bombing. Too bad we didn't have the Atomic bombs 12/41"--kentamitchell

And from the above video from Lord T Hawkeye, here's that same wanker commenting:

"@lordthawkeye You seem to think that Japan ever made an offer to surrender before H&N. Sorry, but you are completely wrong. Mark Twain said it best: 'It ain't ignorance that is dangerous, it's people knowin' things that just ain't so'"--kentamitchell

Can someone link me up to an official record showing Japan did in fact talk surrender?  I really need to put this murder apologist in his place.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

See The Folly of war: American Foreign Policy, 1898-2005; "Bare Peace Bid U.S. Rebuffed 7 Months Ago" Chicago Daily Tribune, August 19, 1945; Racing the Enemy: Stalin, Truman, and the Surrender of Japan; and other stuff here: http://www.doug-long.com/quotes.htm

I can probably dig up more when I get more time.

On a completely unrelated note,
HAPPY 1500TH POST SHANE! ;D

Thanks, which reminds me, I should scale up the post groups now that we've got a good set of regulars here.