Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on December 12, 2009, 11:32:11 AM
Or how about the famous, "I'm/We're fine."  Famous last words as they say.

You know what a Texan's most famous last words are?

"That's nuthin'. Watch this!"

Is'nt it amazing how fail quotes so often are Final Words?

Quote from: Virgil0211 on December 12, 2009, 04:46:27 PM
You know what a Texan's most famous last words are?

"That's nuthin'. Watch this!"
ROFL!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

QuoteWe've seen this pattern in you for a while, Hawk. Do you want to know why everybody confuses you for an anarchist? It's because before you're presented with any issue, no matter what it is, you already have your mind made up that everything the government does and stands for is bad. That's what sickens me about this. That regardless of your own opinion regarding slavery and Confederate pride, you still side with the SoCV because you're afraid of the Big Bad Government coming to huff and puff and blow down your Brick House of Freedom. News flash: That doesn't happen in a democracy. If the government takes too much away from us, we just vote the bums out. And if that doesn't work, the founding documents themselves even call for an armed uprising should the government morph into an irrevocable tyranny.

You'll just vote them out?  It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragically wrong...
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on December 15, 2009, 02:45:21 PM
You'll just vote them out?  It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragically wrong...
*facepalms that quote*
Wow....I don't even know where to begin with that...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

"The benefits of social interactions can only be purchased with the limitations of the individual." --Thunderf00t.

Speaks for itself.

Really?
I always read that as your freedom ends where the other one starts.

Actually the original was, "My right to swing my fist ends where your face begins."

But TF's quote is very far off from that...

I was under the impression that hitting you in the face was my personal freedom and the limitation that social interactions require are that I wont, even when I really, really want to.
Of course some might argue that that is a social interaction within it's own rights. ::)

Quote from: Gumba Masta on December 20, 2009, 12:51:23 AM
I was under the impression that hitting you in the face was my personal freedom and the limitation that social interactions require are that I wont, even when I really, really want to.

What you're describing sounds like the 'biological leash' Thunderf00t has touched on in the WDPLAC series.
"Did you know that the hole's only natural enemy is the pile?"
"Dead Poets Society has destroyed a generation of educators."
  --The Simpsons, "Special Edna"

"Thanks for helping me to explain to that guy that removing the governing structure from a society isn't panacea that leads to a utopia, but rather a regressive step toward tribalism. I can't believe anyone could be so naive." --ShaneSaw83

"Your welcome. Even in animal Societies, the beginning of government structures arise. The only reason you do not see other animals having complex government structures is because of the lack of complex communication abilities." --TemplumVerum

I always thought it was the lack of self loathing that prevented other animals from forming goverment.

DonTruman:  "It's funny how the liberal-left is terrified of America having religious values -- values that might foster horrible ideas like 'do unto others as you'd have them do unto you' or 'thou shalt not steal' or 'love your neighbor' or... But boy-oh-boy are they eager to tell everyone what to do and what not to do. And more importantly, they want to require it by force of law, not merely to promote it as a social value. I.e., they truly want to take away your freedom to do what you want."

@Shane, Virgil, Lord T Hawkeye, and others:  Do I even NEED to get into the sheer stupidity and facepalm-worthyness of this comment?

Here was my response to the above comment:  "Cool story, bro."

"HARRY POTTER: ENEMY OF GOD" - "Dr". P. Bradley Carey

At least both of them a fictional characters.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on December 29, 2009, 05:27:34 AM
DonTruman:  "It's funny how the liberal-left is terrified of America having religious values -- values that might foster horrible ideas like 'do unto others as you'd have them do unto you' or 'thou shalt not steal' or 'love your neighbor' or... But boy-oh-boy are they eager to tell everyone what to do and what not to do. And more importantly, they want to require it by force of law, not merely to promote it as a social value. I.e., they truly want to take away your freedom to do what you want."

@Shane, Virgil, Lord T Hawkeye, and others:  Do I even NEED to get into the sheer stupidity and facepalm-worthyness of this comment?

Here was my response to the above comment:  "Cool story, bro."

*singing* Frollo longed to purge the world of vice and sin!
And he saw corruption everywhere...except within!
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...