Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/

NOOO.  Well gee what took you so long to figure that one out dumbass?  Well thank you for your pompous non-apology anyway for wasting our fucking time dipshit.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

[yt]jMvj1eLdYqI[/yt]

This puts Skepticon down to, what, 39 attendees now?

October 19, 2016, 04:57:32 PM #5042 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:04:17 PM by Ibrahim90
I'm absolutely loving my latest artwork...I'll show it here:

(for reference: these are all based on actual scenes from a mini series from 1978, called "The Devil's Crown". Yes, It's about the first three Plantagenets: Henry II, Richard I, and John--who has been a most gracious king...memewise):

Apparently, John won't even name his children after the two main candidates:

[spoiler]
via Imgflip Meme Generator

via Imgflip Meme Generator[/spoiler]

my (cynical) take on "reforming" the two parties, and the election as a whole:

[spoiler]
via Imgflip Meme Generator
[/spoiler]

John just cutting to the point:

[spoiler]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/spoiler]

What the political false dichotomy no doubt feels like to many Americans:

[spoiler]
via Imgflip Meme Generator[/spoiler]

and my personal favorite--just for you guys (I won't share it anywhere else):
[spoiler]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/spoiler]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Looks like I only thought of that about nine months too late.

November 09, 2016, 11:33:12 PM #5044 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:36:15 PM by Ibrahim90
And my God did the political discussion group I'm in have a field day with the election:

Some quotes (in no order):

Quote from: meSeriously, the absurdity of yesterday's events..*Dr. Art says here that he understands the election was bad*....No, not that Trump won--the fuckers at San Francisco passed a pop-tax! now how am I supposed to watch the golden gate bridge at dawn across the San Francisco Bay, drinking my Zuberfizz, to scratch it off my bucket list?! It's already expensive enough--how can I afford it now?!
(IRL I'm a bit of a pop connoisseur...)

Quote from: Dr. Art (don't know his last name)I don't like Trump, but the schadenfreude is great!
-he's referring the reaction of the Democrats (he voted Libertarian--Art that is).

Quote from: meAll that's left now is for Trump to pose like this to this
(I was doing the poses as I was saying this; Dr. Art had printed a copy of that front page).

Quote from: EarlThe thing I noticed about Hillary's concession speech is that kept saying "constitutional democracy"--I so wanted to beat her up for saying this
*at that point I borrowed another guy's lanyard and drew it up like a hangman's noose, and pointed at it every time he mentioned Hillary.

QuoteThe happiness index is made of bullshit!
-Dr. Bill, in reply to a person playing devil's advocate about Singapore's quality of life balanced against its severe law code.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]RApj_vuW8iE[/yt]

Here because of what he tries with MMS last.

[yt]7xX_KaStFT8[/yt]

If he can make his plan at 1:30 stick AT ALL he will be the first President I've ever heard of to reduce the quantity of regulations in force.

"When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger"―Confucius

Confucius was underrated too. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

December 25, 2016, 03:13:35 AM #5048 Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 03:17:33 AM by Ibrahim90
Well, I found another amazing parody for the season--solid competition to Lehrer's "A Christmas Carol", and "Hanukkah in Santa Monica":

[yt]I5IXlfJSEi4[/yt]

enjoy!

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on December 25, 2016, 03:13:35 AM
Well, I found another amazing parody for the season--solid competition to Lehrer's "A Christmas Carol", and "Hanukkah in Santa Monica":

[yt]I5IXlfJSEi4[/yt]

enjoy!

Always loved that one!

December 26, 2016, 02:53:17 PM #5050 Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 04:18:08 PM by Travis Retriever
http://www.cracked.com/article_24494_5-reasons-trumps-immigration-plan-goddamn-mess.html
Okay, they try and shoe in some backhanded Hillary support and try to ass pull saying that Obama's deportations were focused on real criminals, instead of just being in wrong country, in a weak attempt to defend him having more deportations than any other president, but overall pretty good. :)

http://www.cracked.com/article_23872_6-dumb-myths-people-constantly-believe-about-immigration.html
#1 is awesome.  As is #2.  So far it seems like cracked actually knows what they're talking about.  To the point where I'd call both of those much more wins than fails. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Since I'm on the subject of immigration:  http://shanedk.deviantart.com/journal/How-to-Argue-for-Immigration-Restrictions-555001819
A classic. :3

Adding to #10, a lot of people are using the being called "racist" bit as an iWin card.  To which I rightly respond: 

Because the glove fits, wear it.  Net migration from Mexico is negative and has been for YEARS now.  Most illegals are from China and India, with European and African illegal numbers growing fast as well. C'mon folks, just stupid do you think we are?! Between the wall, language/skin color profiling, you're talking about deporting brown Spanish speakers!  It's why you're going off about them, but not about African, European, or even Asian illegals.  Because they're black, white and yellow, not brown!  So if this ISN'T about race, you're doing it all wrong.

Roughly inspired by Shane's bit regarding race and the War on Terror, here:  http://shanedk.deviantart.com/journal/How-To-Argue-For-The-War-On-Terror-621662874

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me [also] remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"―Barry Goldwater, from his 1964 Republican Nominee Acceptance Speech.

OK, these guys are wonderful musicians and great showmen.  Check out this:

[yt]BgAlQuqzl8o[/yt]

The music is that good, and the presentation is that cool, AND they have managed to be one of the biggest channels on YouTube (over 5 million subs) despite the fact that they only turn out one video, on average, every couple of months for the last few years.

Oh, and they STILL don't have the sequel to this video out, over five years later (although a couple months ago they said it is in the pipeline).

January 26, 2017, 05:55:29 PM #5054 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:46:44 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: Travis Retriever on December 26, 2016, 02:53:17 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_24494_5-reasons-trumps-immigration-plan-goddamn-mess.html
Okay, they try and shoe in some backhanded Hillary support and try to ass pull saying that Obama's deportations were focused on real criminals, instead of just being in wrong country, in a weak attempt to defend him having more deportations than any other president, but overall pretty good. :)

http://www.cracked.com/article_23872_6-dumb-myths-people-constantly-believe-about-immigration.html
#1 is awesome.  As is #2.  So far it seems like cracked actually knows what they're talking about.  To the point where I'd call both of those much more wins than fails. :)

Even more interesting about that top article though: note the professions most represented by illegal immigrants!  Food related things like agriculture, fishing, hunting, and housing related stuff like construction.  So even IF Trump succeeds in getting them all out, all it would do is cripple those industries, making them MUCH more expensive (law of supply and demand is still a thing, last I checked, even for Republicans) and make the same working class Americans who voted for him that much worse off!
"Give a man enough rope, and he'll hang himself" applies here...