Communism or Censorship Topics

Started by Jesus Loves Dinosaurs, April 17, 2009, 02:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you want to tackle something stupid that is fairly prominent on YouTube, even though it may be an easy target, try communism.  In both forms--whether it is 'other side of the rainbow' Anarcho-Communism, the Marx ideal where there is no government and no property, or the government restructuring that is supposed to lead to this 'paradise'.  Of course if you point to Russia or China there will be people saying "that isn't real communism"... so if you actually wanted to do a bogosity on it, you would have to get down into what the philosophy really advocated.  Also, show how free speech rights reduce or eliminate the primary motivations behind it, such as labor unions, etc.  I don't know if this really fits into the style of Bogosity though.

One thing that I think would fit with your Bogosity style is to make an episode on censorship.  Violence in movies and sex on TV-- but where are those good old fashioned values, on which we used to rely?  Does Marylin Manson really make kids into Columbine kooks?  Is the MPAA "saving the children"?  What about censorship on the internets?

Jesus Loves Dinosaurs-- I named mine Big Earl

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pnQXLEtD5Do&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pnQXLEtD5Do&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Quote from: Jesus Loves Dinosaurs on April 17, 2009, 02:40:34 AM
If you want to tackle something stupid that is fairly prominent on YouTube, even though it may be an easy target, try communism.  In both forms--whether it is 'other side of the rainbow' Anarcho-Communism, the Marx ideal where there is no government and no property, or the government restructuring that is supposed to lead to this 'paradise'.  Of course if you point to Russia or China there will be people saying "that isn't real communism"... so if you actually wanted to do a bogosity on it, you would have to get down into what the philosophy really advocated.  Also, show how free speech rights reduce or eliminate the primary motivations behind it, such as labor unions, etc.  I don't know if this really fits into the style of Bogosity though.

One thing that I think would fit with your Bogosity style is to make an episode on censorship.  Violence in movies and sex on TV-- but where are those good old fashioned values, on which we used to rely?  Does Marylin Manson really make kids into Columbine kooks?  Is the MPAA "saving the children"?  What about censorship on the internets?

Jesus Loves Dinosaurs-- I named mine Big Earl

LOL, FAMILY GUY INTRO