PZ Myers fail: "Maybe this will finally drive the libertarians out of atheism"

Started by BlameThe1st, December 29, 2013, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well then those problems are specific to these systems, but not necessarily because of the nature of the government "participation". I don't know how these particular heathcare systems work, or were working, but I have never encountered such problems in France, nor have I heard of people encountering them. I would find it wierd too, because most healthcare facilities in France are private endeavours. They merely have to be upfront with their patient about the fact that they adhere to the national system or not, because it affects how much patients give from their own money, but they still are running a business and can't imagine them not putting their clients comfort at the forefront of their practice.
What kind of wierd voodoo magic happens in the canadian healthcare system to be that dysfunctionnal ?

Quote from: AdeptusHereticus on December 13, 2015, 08:02:36 PM
Well then those problems are specific to these systems, but not necessarily because of the nature of the government "participation". I don't know how these particular heathcare systems work, or were working, but I have never encountered such problems in France, nor have I heard of people encountering them. I would find it wierd too, because most healthcare facilities in France are private endeavours. They merely have to be upfront with their patient about the fact that they adhere to the national system or not, because it affects how much patients give from their own money, but they still are running a business and can't imagine them not putting their clients comfort at the forefront of their practice.
What kind of wierd voodoo magic happens in the canadian healthcare system to be that dysfunctionnal ?

Most hospitals in the UK aren't private though: not even close. In other words, you guys have a better system.

Actually what you have sounds like what most Arab countries have (East of the Nile anyways). Jordan is particularly famous for this--it's one of three leading medical tourist destinations in the world.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on December 13, 2015, 11:08:13 PM
Most hospitals in the UK aren't private though: not even close. In other words, you guys have a better system.

Actually what you have sounds like what most Arab countries have (East of the Nile anyways). Jordan is particularly famous for this--it's one of three leading medical tourist destinations in the world.
I could probably have guessed it while I was writing lol. Well, too late.

And what about Canada ? Is the source of the problem mentioned the same as it is for the UK ? And, aren't there any way in both those countries to compensate with private practices ? Are they too heavily regulated, or sometimes forbidden maybe ?

In France, although private hospitals are common, they still need to obtain a government authorization. In other words if you have the means and the will, you are not permitted to takes your own risks and open any hospital. Though I guess, while it is stupid, it might be that it should not be a concern while patients are satisfied.

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 14, 2015, 06:25:09 AM
You have to remove everything except the video ID.
I learned how to do it:
[yt]U42HKyc4PP0[/yt]
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 01, 2014, 03:14:39 PM
Wow. He talks about "This rant from Stefan Molyneux," but he doesn't actually POST Stefan's video; the video is Sam Seder TALKING ABOUT Stefan (and we all know how reliable Seder is, right?).
What do you think the fundamental misconception Seder has when he "debates?"
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat.

Quote from: libertarian__revolution on February 14, 2016, 11:50:17 PM
What do you think the fundamental misconception Seder has when he "debates?"

That he's right and everyone else is wrong.

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 15, 2016, 07:51:20 AM
That he's right and everyone else is wrong.

Very anti-skeptical of him.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 30, 2014, 08:55:56 AM
If it ever does, I'm sure he'll just consider himself a martyr. Those horrible Libertarians who've taken over the world...
Schrodinger's libertarian:  a fringe element nutter who is irrelevant, but who has taken over the world and controls it.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537