Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 08, 2010, 09:59:03 AM #330 Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:46:25 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"@DarkMatter2525

Wars aren't free. Safety, security, and freedom isn't free. Teapartyers are not war hawks, however they may understand its purpose. They dont want to let ruthless dictators and tyrants cause peril and death to millions - maybe you do. They actually care about the world. Imagine if the Allies decided to go to war before 1939; way back when Germany 1st violated the Treaty of Versailles. Who knows - - maybe they would have stopped Hitler BEFORE HE KILLED 6 MILLION INNOCENT JEWS."--OddRobb's comment on this video

Honestly, what is it with people thinking that Hitler just came out of nowhere and/or from our inaction?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on September 07, 2010, 11:05:15 PM
[yt]0esUFZcMtdA[/yt]

Gotta love this.
How cute, the poster is trying to be intelligent. XD
This was found in the favorites of a Venus Project Nutter idiot called "voiceofreason467".
Adding even more proof to the notion that if a person labels themselves a certain way through their username, it's bullshit. :3
Also, I find their points about the coincidences to be kinda lame.
What's the proper response to those?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

And the video the above was a response to:  [yt]VKFiGfW6aGY [/yt]

Also a fail quote I would imagine.
Yeah...references to peer reviewed scientific literature, please.

I was going to post something and give it a source, but, I found a youtube profile page so full of bogons I figured I'd just post his youtube profile page and let anyone who wants click away and look at the horrors within:  http://www.youtube.com/lilhavanaboys

Friend-of-a-friend on Facebook: I think it has something to do with introducing the vaccine to the immune system before it's formed and ready to fight. Whether it's trace amounts of mercury, aluminum, adjuvant, "killed viruses," whatever in hell else they put in there, something seems to be overwhelming children's' abilities to thrive. There are a lot more autistic children these days, and their symptoms do look a lot like some sort of heavy metal poisoning. There is something going on here with vaccines, and we aren't being told the truth because there is SO much money involved.

Me: "There are a lot more autistic children these days" No, there aren't. More of them are being DIAGNOSED, because of increased awareness and a greater number of disorders included in the autism spectrum, but epistemological studies show the rate of autism is steady, and has been for a long time.

And I'm sorry, but the money argument makes NO sense. It's less than 2% of the sales of pharmaceuticals, and doctors make very little money from them--certainly a lot less than they'd make treating the diseases they are KNOWN (yes, KNOWN) to prevent.

FoF: Ok, Shane, you are right, there are no autistic children, and vaccines do not make any money for Big Pharma.

I am very disapoint.
That reply was lackluster at best. I would've added something terribly flippant at the end like "And the great pink unicorn will rain candy and rainbows down on us all. Yipeee and sparkles!" at the very least.

September 15, 2010, 09:42:42 AM #336 Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:17:35 AM by VectorM
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on September 14, 2010, 09:37:45 PM
I was going to post something and give it a source, but, I found a youtube profile page so full of bogons I figured I'd just post his youtube profile page and let anyone who wants click away and look at the horrors within:  http://www.youtube.com/lilhavanaboys

He is 15, so he has plenty of time to get his brain back on track. I believed in God only 3 years ago.

Quote from: VectorM on September 15, 2010, 09:42:42 AM
He is 15, so he has plenty of time to get his brain back on track. I believed in God only 3 year ago.
Honestly, that's about the only nice thing I can say about him.

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 14, 2010, 09:43:47 PM
Friend-of-a-friend on Facebook: I think it has something to do with introducing the vaccine to the immune system before it's formed and ready to fight. Whether it's trace amounts of mercury, aluminum, adjuvant, "killed viruses," whatever in hell else they put in there, something seems to be overwhelming children's' abilities to thrive. There are a lot more autistic children these days, and their symptoms do look a lot like some sort of heavy metal poisoning. There is something going on here with vaccines, and we aren't being told the truth because there is SO much money involved.

Me: "There are a lot more autistic children these days" No, there aren't. More of them are being DIAGNOSED, because of increased awareness and a greater number of disorders included in the autism spectrum, but epistemological studies show the rate of autism is steady, and has been for a long time.

And I'm sorry, but the money argument makes NO sense. It's less than 2% of the sales of pharmaceuticals, and doctors make very little money from them--certainly a lot less than they'd make treating the diseases they are KNOWN (yes, KNOWN) to prevent.

FoF: Ok, Shane, you are right, there are no autistic children, and vaccines do not make any money for Big Pharma.
OMG....That looked painful...

September 15, 2010, 10:32:29 AM #339 Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:37:16 AM by VectorM
Quote from: MrBogosity on September 14, 2010, 09:43:47 PM

"Are you retarded?" would have been my immediate answer.

Also:

[yt]AXwr8jse1e8[/yt]

Don't really care about the Tea Party stuff, but DAAAAYUM this shit was dumb.

I'd say this definitely qualifies as a fail quote:

[yt]Hjz4hmcu13k[/yt]

Seriously, how many times must we debunk that bogus WHO 'study' and those points about state education before people wise up?

"Truth Warrior
Debunker of bullshit.
Slayer of Libertarians - especially Lordthawkeye
Pwner of fools - especially Surhotchaperchlorome"--billburns2's userpage

Don't know if I've posted this, but isn't the last line cute?
He thinks he "pwned" me. :P
If by pwn, he means, "blast with logical fallacies and bullshit", then I agree. :3
And if his plans with Lord T Hawkeye is to make him die of laughter, he might be onto something.

Note that he has a few fail quotes on his page too.
You'll know them when you see them.

[yt]g9b7NheAsdc[/yt]

The URLs to the videos being criticized are in the above video's description.

Here's more or less the content of the video above, as stated by a person on Stef's forum (not a fail quote):
"1. Stef is ambitious.

2. Stef confuses performative contradictions and a self refuting statements.

3. Self detonating statements are not a contemporary problem in philosophy, but rather identifying them has been a staple in the discipline since Socrates.

4. Stef has contempt for historical philosophers and a lack of appreciation for western thought.

5. Philosophy isn't boring.

6. Stef has a monstrious ego.

7. Philosophy can exist without property rights because philosophy predates property rights.

8. Stef should have credited John Locke for his property rights theory.

9. Stef does not list any of the criticisms of John Locke's argument in his 8 minute video.

10. Stef does not have the intellectual integrity to consider counter arguments.

11. Attempting to prove a conclusion by analyzing the logical structure of its denial is extremely hubristic.

12. Stef only argued for property, not property rights.

13. Stef seems oblivious to the possibility of other theories of property without rights.

14. Stef's argument is similar to a widely ridiculed argument.

15. Stef is begging the question of self ownership.

16. Stef straw mans the opposition.

17. Stef overestimates the power and scope of his methodology.

18. Stef fails to credit thinkers from which he explicitly borrows.

19. Stef fails to appreciate the history of philosophy.

20. Stef has a grotesque sense of self importance."

[yt]WuG5Aj3BhMM[/yt]

Hmmm, could use a laugh track and some wacky sound effects.