Assisted Suicide

Started by 11mc22, July 12, 2009, 04:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 12, 2009, 04:01:05 AM Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:04:18 AM by 11mc22
I wanted to put this on the War On Drugs forum only because it involves the right to your own body.
I think it should be legalized. BTW this topic is towards the ones that are ill and about to die.

The value of one's life is very subjective don't you think? To say that the value of my life is based on the collective and all decisions on my life is based on the collective seems coercive. Theres a bunch of counter arguments that say after being treated less than some one digit percent will commit suicide later. But then who is benefiting? The collective who feels that they want you to live and therefore you should live. All this psychiatry does is influence you to raise your life's value and to be "happy" even with all the pain.

I heard this argument where the opponents say that you won't be better off when you are dead. Well duh? You're going to die anyways and it won't make a difference if you die now and just end it all or die later after all the pain and suffering. Even if hell and heaven existed you're not going to one afterlife based on if you die sooner and the other afterlife when you die later. Its Pascals wager.

And no one is going to wait until someone proves or disproves the afterlife or which religion is the right one.

Anyways I want some REAL GOOD arguments against my view for the sake of learning.
For clarification this is for the people who are dying already, not the ones who are just depressed.

I know if I was doomed to a life full of agony, I would rather die.

It should be a decision for individuals, families, and physicians, not government.

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 12, 2009, 08:27:42 AM
It should be a decision for individuals, families, and physicians, not government.

Agreed
few people in power can't make moral decisions that that will apply to everyone.