Battledome

Started by nilecroc, December 27, 2013, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: D on January 11, 2014, 11:39:02 AM
Yeah, Superman is basically the same of resistance to magic as your average human. That's one of the main reasons why if Superman and Shazam/Captain Marvel fight, Captain Marvel tends to win. That being said, Captain Marvel also has the speed and power to keep up with Superman in the first place. Even if a wizard like someone from Harry Potter can perform magic, it doesn't mean they necessarily have the speed to cast a spell fast enough before Superman smashes their face in or gives them a heat vision induced lobotomy.

So, basically, one well-placed Avada Kedavra and he's gone. The Flash would be tougher; it's hard to hit a moving target...

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 11, 2014, 01:54:10 PM
Heck I bet that Shang Tsung could beat the crap out of most of the Harry Potter wizards.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Shang+Tsung

I dunno; judging solely by that page he doesn't seem to have any skills that Voldemort lacks. And Voldie doesn't have to "constantly steal souls to maintain his power." Sic the Dementors on him and he's done for!

January 11, 2014, 02:36:29 PM #107 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:38:37 PM by D
Quote from: MrBogosity on January 11, 2014, 02:15:04 PM
So, basically, one well-placed Avada Kedavra and he's gone. The Flash would be tougher; it's hard to hit a moving target...

If we're talking comic Superman, it's going to be a little more difficult than that.

This isn't even his fastest speed. Superman is massively faster than the speed of light and has fought villains across the entire cosmos while moving at that speed.

And yes, Superman has managed to keep up with and catch Flash before.

Like I said. Only reason Shazam manages to beat him is because Shazam can keep up.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 11, 2014, 02:17:13 PM
I dunno; judging solely by that page he doesn't seem to have any skills that Voldemort lacks. And Voldie doesn't have to "constantly steal souls to maintain his power." Sic the Dementors on him and he's done for!

But does Voldemort have any magic that can protect against magic that attacks your soul directly. judging from the movie when a host body is destroyed it has to fly out. If Voldemort's body is destroyed his soul has to fly out he then Shang tsung can absorb him.

Quote from: D on January 11, 2014, 02:36:29 PM
If we're talking comic Superman, it's going to be a little more difficult than that.

This isn't even his fastest speed. Superman is massively faster than the speed of light and has fought villains across the entire cosmos while moving at that speed.

And yes, Superman has managed to keep up with and catch Flash before.

Like I said. Only reason Shazam manages to beat him is because Shazam can keep up.

Top speed, perhaps, but from what I've seen Superman takes longer to accelerate, which is the important thing in this context.

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 11, 2014, 02:38:22 PM
But does Voldemort have any magic that can protect against magic that attacks your soul directly.

Yep, he had some spares lying around (horcruxes).

QuoteIf Voldemort's body is destroyed his soul has to fly out he then Shang tsung can absorb him.

And become another Voldie horcrux the way Harry inadvertently did.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 11, 2014, 02:41:35 PM
Yep, he had some spares lying around (horcruxes).

And become another Voldie horcrux the way Harry inadvertently did.

This might not work because Shang Tsung has THOUSANDS of souls in him and he is also one of the best sorcerer/fighter in Outworld. I'm pretty sure he has a work around that.

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 11, 2014, 02:54:42 PM
This might not work because Shang Tsung has THOUSANDS of souls in him and he is also one of the best sorcerer/fighter in Outworld. I'm pretty sure he has a work around that.

There was a similar argument made about a fight between M. Bision and Shao Kahn.

In the end, Kahn's experience in absorbing souls was just too much for M. Bison if he attempted to take over his body.

[yt]fh1Y1TfV86U[/yt]

Heres another one I have been wondering about

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) vs Ghost Rider

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 16, 2014, 04:13:21 PM
Heres another one I have been wondering about

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) vs Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider is FAR stronger than Scorpion, but Scorpion has faster movement speed, but even then Ghost Rider has reaction speeds that are faster than Scorpion can move. If Ghost Rider can manage to grab Scorpion and hit him with a Penance Stare, Scorpion is absolutely done. That being said, it's also going to take a lot more than Scorpion can dish out to take out Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider actually managed to tank a hit from World War Hulk. World War Hulk's striking strength was about on par with being able to destroy a planet the size of Jupiter with a single punch.

Quote from: D on January 16, 2014, 04:36:30 PM
Ghost Rider is FAR stronger than Scorpion, but Scorpion has faster movement speed, but even then Ghost Rider has reaction speeds that are faster than Scorpion can move. If Ghost Rider can manage to grab Scorpion and hit him with a Penance Stare, Scorpion is absolutely done. That being said, it's also going to take a lot more than Scorpion can dish out to take out Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider actually managed to tank a hit from World War Hulk. World War Hulk's striking strength was about on par with being able to destroy a planet the size of Jupiter with a single punch.

I don't know about that: Scorpion can disappear into hell, and engage in hit and run tactics. This could be negated by Ghost riders intelligence--you know what, yeah, I agree with you.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on January 16, 2014, 10:16:34 PM
I don't know about that: Scorpion can disappear into hell, and engage in hit and run tactics. This could be negated by Ghost riders intelligence--you know what, yeah, I agree with you.

Well like I said, Ghost Rider has reaction speeds that are faster than Scorpion's movement speeds. Only way he's hurting Ghost Rider is if he somehow gained dimensional attacks.