Podcast for 4-18-2011

Started by MrBogosity, April 17, 2011, 05:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Play the Podcast

News of the Bogus:

Biggest Bogon Emitter: Rachel Maddow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yepI1Jz3OAE

Idiot Extraordinaire: Bill Donahue http://www.catholicleague.org/nytstraighttalk.php

This Week's Quote: "I find it quite ironic that some Christians would like to ban the Harry Potter books, in case their children turn to witchcraft and away from Jesus, as opposed to turning to Christianity, and even further away from Jesus." —Pat Condell

April 17, 2011, 06:24:08 PM #1 Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:41:22 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
OK, The pastor talking near the end of News of the Bogus:  He's a disgusting lump of slime.  If his God existed, he wouldn't be worthy of worship, only of contempt and ridicule and then some.

Glad to see you call out that idiot Rachel Maddow. :)
You're not the only one calling her out though:  [yt]6xuiLht2eOs[/yt]

OK, Bill Donahue is a moron.
If there is no consent, and in this case, outright threats of hellfire, age is not (or at least not as) relevant anymore.  At that point, it's not a question of child or teen sex stuff so much as it is child rape.  And psychological abuse via the threats of hellfire.  I mean, come on!  This isn't something you should even have to explain to people!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

My cousin works as an air traffic controller and I've heard plenty of stories.

This is the time of year when alot of guys will take off work since its the lull between the holiday and summer travel seasons, so the guys who are at work get stuck with some long shifts. If you're the low man on the totem pole, it isn't out of the question to pull several 24 hour shifts this time of year.

Yeah, Rachel Maddow is an idiot. I live in a family full of democrats, but not the kind of democrats who are actually concerned with issues, but the kind who vote them in like they're placing bets on a football team. A few of them love MSNBC, and it's hilarious to me that they think that FOX is the most biased news media yet MSNBC are equally biased, and far less comical.

As I always say, calling FOX news biased is like going to a midget convention, pointing to one of them and saying "That guy's pretty short isn't he?"
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

So the clip of that pastor is on youtube. All I really can say is I'm glad that people like him exist, and really do represent their religion truthfully. The bible is full of death and hatred, and at least these fundamentalist jackasses don't cherry pick from the bible to take what they like to make themselves feel better or to give a Halmark moment for common people. Maybe if we had more Christians who see the bible for what it truly is, we'd have more atheists.

I vote Rep. Jesse Jackson for either Biggest Bogon Emitter or Idiot Extraordinaire for using the "machines kill jobs" argument to blame Apple for killing jobs. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/17/jesse-jackson-jr-ipad-unemployment_n_850227.html

For extra lulz, he praised the iPad about a month ago.
There is no truer hypocrite than one who would embrace another man's loss of liberty and call himself an American in the same breath. -Me

But he is totally right, guys! Don't you remember how fucked the economy was, when horses were replaced with machines? Do you want that disaster to happen again? I don't think so!

Too late for this week; maybe next...

Quote from: VectorM on April 23, 2011, 07:35:27 AM
But he is totally right, guys! Don't you remember how fucked the economy was, when horses were replaced with machines? Do you want that disaster to happen again? I don't think so!
And even before that there were shovels! They allow the worker to dig without damaging his fingers which threw all those poor doctors out of work! *faint*
There is no truer hypocrite than one who would embrace another man's loss of liberty and call himself an American in the same breath. -Me

Quote from: DtheB on April 23, 2011, 08:33:07 PM
And even before that there were shovels! They allow the worker to dig without damaging his fingers which threw all those poor doctors out of work! *faint*

DEAR GOD!

Good thing we had government to save us from all of this technological madness!

Yeah, no one was around to save the jobs of those poor witch doctors when REAL medicine came around...