leading causes of death in America
1. heart disease
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries)
7. Alzheimer's disease
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis
11. Intentional self-harm (suicide)
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
13. Essential (primary) hypertension and hypertensive renaldisease
14. Parkinson's disease
15. Assault (homicide)
obesity linked to or increases the risk of numbers 1,2,3,6,13 and obesity affects about 33% of American adults.
source: http://www.downtoearth.org/articles/obesity_america.htm http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/obesity-health-risks#
smoking is linked to or increases the risk of numbers 1,2,3,4,6,8 and probably more. lung cancer is the leading causes of death in the cancer category and most of it is from smoking. smoking is the leading cause of preventable diseases and deaths. Alcohol consumption is also linked to some of those numbers.
1.for obesity. Get off the couch and exercise and eat some vegetables.
2.plan to stop smoking and stop drinking so much. drinking little is proven to be healthy but drinking so much and passing out will get you some brain damage, liver damage and so on.
3.for accidents. some people should stop being such a Dumbass on the road
4. As for assault and homicide, get rid of The War on Drugs and strict gun control because both have been proven failures. But is the government listening?
you guys can list more solutions
so basically America's life expectancy can go up dramatically if people lived a healthier lifestyle. Europe and Canada has a healthier lifestyle, less crime, and less accidents and they live longer because of it.