Need keyboard/mouse recommendations

Started by MrBogosity, November 10, 2016, 11:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is one of those cases where I don't think I'm asking for much, but no one seems to have anything that meets my requirements.

My keyboard and mouse both independently stopped working properly this week. I'm limping by on older ones until I get replacements. But no store near me, nor Amazon or anywhere else I've tried, has ones that meet my requirements.

Since I'm doing artwork and video editing, they need to be USB as I always have lag issues with Bluetooth. Apparently, these are rare commodities nowadays.

They keyboard needs to be backlit so I can work in the dark, and it needs to have multimedia keys. Fast, reliable typing keys are also a big help.

As for the mouse, something nice and hi-res works. The one that broke was 2400dpi; that worked fine, but more would be better.

I figure there are a lot of gamers here, and these things have to be responsive for gaming, so I thought I'd see if you guys would help. I'd like to keep it around $30 for both. I can go more expensive if I have to, but budget is very much an issue with me.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on November 11, 2016, 12:30:07 AM
I think I might have found something on Newegg.com for ya

Thanks. Looking at the comments, the LEDs aren't very bright (I need them clearly visible) and you need drivers for it to light up.

One requirement I forgot to mention: it needs to work on Linux as well as Windows.

Quote from: MrBogosity on November 11, 2016, 06:57:48 AM
Thanks. Looking at the comments, the LEDs aren't very bright (I need them clearly visible) and you need drivers for it to light up.

One requirement I forgot to mention: it needs to work on Linux as well as Windows.

Thanks for the feedback I'll keep looking.  I do believe new keyboards nowadays should be automatically compatible with all major operating systems.  As far as Linux is concerned the drivers you can download thru the Synaptic Package Manager (or the Ubuntu Software app if you have Ubuntu) simply allow for full functionality.  In any case, multimedia keys with better backlighting.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.