Jesus Camp

Started by Textra1, October 29, 2008, 01:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 29, 2008, 01:07:07 PM Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:09:15 PM by Textra1
I just watched the documentary Jesus Camp. It was simply the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. It has truly made me despair. While I was watching that vile lumpy troglodyte of a woman stalking around scaring the crap out of young children, I kept thinking of how she was creating cripples. Much like the myth that Amazonians would quarterize breast tissue of female children with a red hot brand to prevent growth, so that they might more efficiently use a bow, Becky Fischer was quarterizing the faculty of reason in these children's minds before it ever had the chance to develop. The difference being that this mental quarterization does not allow for the efficient use of anything, except maybe a scourge. I was almost reduced to tears at the thought that these poor children were having the one function that sets us apart from other animals, namely the function of reason, systematically destroyed in the name of a bronze-age myth.

I try very hard to remain optimistic about the future of humanity and the world, but documentaries like this just about destroy me. I really wish I had never seen it. I'm about ready to go bush, live in a cave and say to hell with the human race. Maybe I'll feel differently in the morning.

What do you mean, this is perfectly normal.

[yt]LyJI9xDUYV8[/yt]

Quote from: BZ987654 on October 29, 2008, 01:15:07 PM
What do you mean, this is perfectly normal.
If by normal you mean retarded, then I completely agree.

Don't worry, Textra1, I am confident that the fundies will lose!

Quote from: Textra1 on October 29, 2008, 01:25:40 PM
If by normal you mean retarded, then I completely agree.
LOL, I do mean retarded, but that is normal for that group.

The video you're referring to... Is that the same one when the lady screams at the kids saying that Harry Potter is from Satan and that Harry would be slaughtered if he were real...

You know, just like "Real Wizards" back in the day!

November 04, 2008, 04:48:04 AM #7 Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 04:50:58 AM by Textra1
Quote from: IceSage on November 04, 2008, 04:33:22 AM
The video you're referring to... Is that the same one when the lady screams at the kids saying that Harry Potter is from Satan and that Harry would be slaughtered if he were real...

You know, just like "Real Wizards" back in the day!

Yeah, that's the one. It's really hard to watch. She really creeps me out when she does that. I hate to violate Godwin's Law, but I got flashes of Hitlers speeches when she was stalking around the stage screaming at the kids about evil warlocks and executions. *Shudders*

I'm so glad they shut her down after that documentary was made. The last thing the world needs is a Christian Taliban™

Quote from: Textra1 on November 04, 2008, 04:48:04 AM
Yeah, that's the one. It's really hard to watch. She really creeps me out when she does that. I hate to violate Godwin's Law, but I got flashes of Hitlers speeches when she was stalking around the stage screaming at the kids about evil warlocks and executions. *Shudders*

I'm so glad they shut her down after that documentary was made. The last thing the world needs is a Christian Taliban™

She is the same kind of person as those that wrote the Bible. Let's scare everyone into believing my views.

Quote from: BZ987654 on November 04, 2008, 07:32:49 PM
She is the same kind of person as those that wrote the Bible. Let's scare everyone into believing my views.

Exactly. That's precisely what religion does. Believe me or god will kick your arse. That reminds me of that story 'Kissing Hank's Ass'.