Podcast for 6-4-2012

Started by MrBogosity, June 03, 2012, 04:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
[mp3]https://bogosity.podbean.com/mf/web/jiui3/BogosityPodcast-2012-06-04.mp3[/mp3]

News of the Bogus:
Biggest Bogon Emitter: National Center for Homeopathy http://www.nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org/content/homeopathy-its-not-just-vodoo
Idiot Extraordinaire: Unnamed Fort Worth police officer http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/05/28/3991473/owners-of-dog-killed-by-officer.html
This Week's Quote: "I'm sorry if you're into homeopathy--it's water! How often does it need to be said? It's just water...'Herbal medicine's been around for thousands of years.' Indeed it has, and then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became 'medicine,' and the rest of it is just a nice bowl of soup and some potpourri. So knock yourselves out!" --Dara Ó Briain

This weeks idiot extra ordinaire is actually making me reconsider my opinnion about Police Academy.
I always thought it was supposed to be a comedy but now I realise it's actualy a documentary.

Actually, the story about the child with asthma is worse than it seems.

It turns out that the mother actually DID sign the forms and the school lost them.

She wrote in the comments of ClickOrlando's report of the story.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 03, 2012, 04:00:57 PM
News of the Bogus:

Are you fucking shitting me?  C'mon, media companies!  You and I both know you didn't lose that amount in revenue.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I'm still waiting to hear about the media companies bringing suit against NBC and Microsoft for distributing filesharing software.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 03, 2012, 07:07:46 PM
Are you fucking shitting me?  C'mon, media companies!  You and I both know you didn't lose that amount in revenue.

my only question is: where the hell are they going to come up with that money? I don't think there's THAT much money around on the whole planet, is there?

the lawsuit makes no sense financially. In fact, it makes no sense whatsoever.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on June 06, 2012, 01:03:40 AM
my only question is: where the hell are they going to come up with that money? I don't think there's THAT much money around on the whole planet, is there?

the lawsuit makes no sense financially. In fact, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Nuts always end up with idiotic figures.  Remember the Pants Suit?  The guy managed to come up with an interpretation of DC consumer 'protection' law that said he was entitled to over $100 million, and proceeded to get pretty much laughed at by the courts (and he was a JUDGE, which didn't get renewed, probably in part because of his very public silliness with the law).  Adnan Oktar offered a prize of 10 trillion Turkish lira for an intermediate fossil proving evolution, which is not only more money than he has, it may well exceed the total value of all the trade that has occurred in Turkey since the founding of the current state.

Quote from: evensgrey on June 06, 2012, 02:07:37 PMAdnan Oktar offered a prize of 10 trillion Turkish lira for an intermediate fossil proving evolution, which is not only more money than he has, it may well exceed the total value of all the trade that has occurred in Turkey since the founding of the current state.

And all you have to do is show him Tiktaalik. They found dozens of specimens; I'm sure they could have let one go for that price!

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 06, 2012, 02:38:00 PM
And all you have to do is show him Tiktaalik. They found dozens of specimens; I'm sure they could have let one go for that price!

To a man who can't tell a fishing lure from a real animal when you can clearly see the hook (and it was even manually edited around in Photoshop) in the picture ripped off from a champion fly tier's web site?

June 06, 2012, 08:13:20 PM #9 Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:23:05 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: evensgrey on June 06, 2012, 02:07:37 PM
Nuts always end up with idiotic figures.  Remember the Pants Suit?  The guy managed to come up with an interpretation of DC consumer 'protection' law that said he was entitled to over $100 million, and proceeded to get pretty much laughed at by the courts (and he was a JUDGE, which didn't get renewed, probably in part because of his very public silliness with the law).  Adnan Oktar offered a prize of 10 trillion Turkish lira for an intermediate fossil proving evolution, which is not only more money than he has, it may well exceed the total value of all the trade that has occurred in Turkey since the founding of the current state.

he must have raised the stakes, since last I heard it was ten million.  :shrug:

yeah, that guy is just stupid: as you say, he can't tell the difference between lures and actual creatures. He's also the one who somehow thought that a toothed fossil bird with leg wings was somehow some sort of breed of pigeon. (seriously, that shit did happen).

of course, he's involved in several legal cases (as a defendent) now IIRC, so he can't pay a penny  (even if he had 100 trillion liras--which he almost certainly does not).
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: evensgrey on June 06, 2012, 02:07:37 PM
Adnan Oktar offered a prize of 10 trillion Turkish lira for an intermediate fossil proving evolution, which is not only more money than he has, it may well exceed the total value of all the trade that has occurred in Turkey since the founding of the current state.
Oh goodie, yet ANOTHER fucktard ripping off James Randi's challenge.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 06, 2012, 08:27:31 PM
Oh goodie, yet ANOTHER fucktard ripping off James Randi's challenge.

I think he was probably ripping off Kent Hovind (who probably was ripping off James Randi).  Important difference, though:  Kent Hovind could plausibly have the money.  There's no possibility that Adnan Oktar does.

Quote from: evensgrey on June 07, 2012, 03:14:18 PMImportant difference, though:  Kent Hovind could plausibly have the money.

Not any more.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 07, 2012, 06:10:15 PM
Not any more.

but there is still always the possibility of complementary prison rape.... :P

(no, not really. but couldn't resist that dig)

-Jesse Cox