I just found a quote on Fundies say the Darndest Things ...

Started by Tom S. Fox, January 14, 2009, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
... which is kind of related to the episode. (The quote is still going through public admin.)

QuoteThis is just MORE OROOF that Jesus IS out there, & He's roaring like the Lion of the Tribe of Judah that He is! EVERYTHING points back to God! Science has just proven that God IS REAL--& not the other way around~ Take a look at the very 'glue' that we,humans have in us,gluing our cells together---its in the shape of a cross! Its called Laminin. Also,in the Black Hole,Nasa finally got to get a pic of it & guess whats inside of that? A CROSS! The Lord is trying to get the worlds attention! Next time Jesus comes back, it WILL BE as the Roaring Lion of the Tribe of Judah! So, don't miss out! We cannot even 'imagine' how Heaven is going to look! Just pray a simple prayer--asking God to reveal Himself to you,if He is real. I promise that He WILL! Blessings to you all!

The Lord is trying to get the world's attention ... by hiding microscopic crosses in our bodies and one in a black hole who knows how far away? I guess that's a better way than those subtle things like flooding the earth or parting a sea.

Don't ask me! I think he means that there is a shape or something that vaguely resembles a cross or something. But you probably figured that, too.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 14, 2009, 05:26:29 PM
Um...how is there any kind of cross in a black hole?

Any shape to a fundie is evidence for jesus. Circle has a 'C' in it and so does cross! In fact it has TWO 'C's!

Quote from: Sinlingual on January 16, 2009, 05:53:59 AM
Any shape to a fundie is evidence for jesus. Circle has a 'C' in it and so does cross! In fact it has TWO 'C's!

Let's not forget it stands for "Christ."

Even though the hebrew name is like, completely different. But apparently you can change the rules.

Quote from: Fundie Moron on January 14, 2009, 05:19:27 PM
Also,in the Black Hole,Nasa finally got to get a pic of it, & guess whats inside of that? A CROSS!

How in the hell, does one take a picture of something in which light cannot escape from?

Quote from: Fundie Moron on January 14, 2009, 05:19:27 PM
Take a look at the very 'glue' that we,humans have in us,gluing our cells together---its in the shape of a cross! Its called Laminin.... The Lord is trying to get the worlds attention!

Yea, why does god need to show up and give us definitive proof, when he can put microscopic cells in our body that sometimes form crosses...

Quote from: Tom S. Fox on January 14, 2009, 05:30:50 PM
Don't ask me! I think he means that there is a shape or something that vaguely resembles a cross or something. But you probably figured that, too.

Stupid fundies...

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 14, 2009, 05:26:29 PM
Um...how is there any kind of cross in a black hole?
Could feasibly be from a side-on view of a feeding black hole? Two long jets with an accretion disk at right angles? Cross-like I suppose. But an image of inside a black hole? Excuse me while I repair the laws of physics...

The cross in the black hole is a reference to a specific image, namely this one:

It was, I believe a picture of a black hole taken by the Hubble Telescope.  It's the nucleus of Galaxy M51.  The cross is created by two dust lanes passing around it and blocking out some of the ionization around the black hole itself.  So essentially this is an image taken out of its context, zoomed in, and then cropped down so that the fundies can claim that this black hole, which just happens to be holding a galaxy together was created specifically to tell them that Jesus loves them.  I just can't fathom that kind of arrogant solipsism

Quote from: AHPMB on November 16, 2009, 02:07:51 PM
The cross in the black hole is a reference to a specific image, namely this one:

It was, I believe a picture of a black hole taken by the Hubble Telescope.  It's the nucleus of Galaxy M51.  The cross is created by two dust lanes passing around it and blocking out some of the ionization around the black hole itself.  So essentially this is an image taken out of its context, zoomed in, and then cropped down so that the fundies can claim that this black hole, which just happens to be holding a galaxy together was created specifically to tell them that Jesus loves them.  I just can't fathom that kind of arrogant solipsism

It makes more sense than the laminin.

Quote from: AHPMB on November 16, 2009, 02:07:51 PM

It's like when dishonest people take a still photo of a politician waving to make it look like he's giving the nazi salute. Except it's supposedly less dishonest when done to non-life forms. Despicable.
There is no truer hypocrite than one who would embrace another man's loss of liberty and call himself an American in the same breath. -Me

But all joking aside, we need to be careful guys. They don't just have 'proof' they have 'OROOF', the deadliest form of evidence! :o
There is no truer hypocrite than one who would embrace another man's loss of liberty and call himself an American in the same breath. -Me

Quote from: DtheB on April 11, 2011, 03:35:06 PM
But all joking aside, we need to be careful guys. They don't just have 'proof' they have 'OROOF', the deadliest form of evidence! :o

Damn. Now I'm thinking of that scene in that pink panther movie where Clouseau tries to get a room, but the German hotel owner can't understand his accent.

Word.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537