Main Page needs fixed.

Started by IceSage, January 18, 2009, 09:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been wanting to post this for awhile. I was hoping I'd fix it on my end, or it would fix itself.

However, the Veoh playlist on the main page doesn't really work properly.

The first part of the playlist plays without sound, and sometimes plays REALLY REALLY Fast. The 2nd (9th) episode fails to load at all. Then it seems to be good from there, somewhat.

However, I think people, if other people are having this problem... I can't be the only one... Will be turned away from the site if they can't really watch the episodes properly.

Can you investigate for me please Shane? Thanks.

I'd like to send people to the Veoh versions rather than the youtube versions when possible. (They work fine on their own, but the site playlist bugs out.)

the 9th episode doesn't have sound on my computer

I observed the same with the promo video.

Go to the Episode Guide link and tell me if those episodes play fine with the embedded player.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 18, 2009, 11:01:09 PM
Go to the Episode Guide link and tell me if those episodes play fine with the embedded player.

It's still the same.

The first promo on the playlist buffers the whole 35 seconds ahead of time... Then starts playing really fast, with no sound.

The 2nd one on the playlist, Episode 9, fails to load at all. If you try to trick it to even play, it doesn't have any sound.

The rest of the episodes above that work just fine.

I mean on the Episode Guide page, where it has the "Watch" link. You click on it and get a pop-up with an embedded Veoh player. See if Episode 9 works there.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 19, 2009, 08:41:58 AM
I mean on the Episode Guide page, where it has the "Watch" link. You click on it and get a pop-up with an embedded Veoh player. See if Episode 9 works there.

Oh, sorry. My bad. Let me check.

No, it doesn't. It just keeps buffering. (I assume when it finishes buffering, the whole 23 minutes, it'll play.)

When I force it to play, it doesn't have sound, and the framerate is slightly messed up. (Just as if you played it from the main page.)

The rest of them play just fine from that page when you click "watch."

Episode 8 starts up right off the bat.

I can take a video or record my desktop to show you exactly what's going on if you want.

Nah, I'll look into it from here. Thanks!