Unnamed(?) logical fallacies

Started by MrBogosity, September 24, 2009, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on May 09, 2016, 07:19:53 PM
Working on the next set of quickies, and I've come up with one I'm trying to find a good name for:

"You're wrong because you won't hold my hand and explain everything from scratch instead of linking to source material."

I think we've all encountered this. They won't accept links to sources. They won't accept links to YouTube videos you've made explaining it. They won't accept links to previous discussions. They DEMAND that you start over from scratch and explain everything all over again, and if you don't then you lose the argument for some bizarre reason.

Any ideas?
The whiny entitled infant fallacy?  The "have it your way" fallacy?  The repeat for you fallacy?...Yes, I know I suck at this, at least I'm trying. >.>;;
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

If they won't accept links, how about the Incomplete Chain Fallacy?
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

May 22, 2016, 04:55:52 PM #422 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:01:13 PM by Travis Retriever
Can't think of a name, but I can't think of any way this isn't fallacious, and an extremely dishonest and overall a dick move:

Whenever someone tries to redefine words to mean what they want it to mean.  Feminists are notorious with this with their misuse of the words, "Rape," "Racist," "Sexist," "Privilege," "Misogyny," to name but a few.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

If it's an alternate meaning of the word that isn't applicable at the time, it's an Equivocation Fallacy. If it's not a proper usage of the word at all, it's a Redefinition Fallacy.