Podcast for 4-4-2011

Started by MrBogosity, April 03, 2011, 09:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Play the Podcast

News of the Bogus:

Biggest Bogon Emitter: The Federal Reserve

Idiot Extraordinaire: David John Wellman http://www.youtube.com/DavidJohnWellman

This week's quote: "Keep in mind that the Nazis were elected in a full, free democratic election." --George Carlin

Woo hoo!  Well done DavidJohnWellman, I knew you could do it!

The TSA believe in witchcraft...I knew the state was notorious for being behind the times but damn!
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

April 03, 2011, 10:49:23 PM #2 Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:00:29 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
I KNEW inflation had to be around 10%, especially after all that Quantitative Easing (read: printing money).  How could the increase in M3 be any lower?

Shane, thank you SO MUCH for pointing out that the social contract argument is just a rehashing of the divine right of kings. :)
And yes, LTH, I knew DavidJohnWellman would get be the winner/loser too.  He deserved it. ^_^
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Soooo, they have no problem with naked scanners on airports but when I drop my clothes on the street I still get thrown in jail? Talk about double standart.

Actually, it's perfectly legal, you are just the only exception.

April 04, 2011, 10:45:32 AM #6 Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:54:43 AM by Virgil0211
Yet another great podcast. This has become the highlight of my Mondays.

PS: Anybody wanna present DJW with his Idiot Extraordinaire award? I'd do it myself, but he's still blocked me. =P

Well... on the serious side, this is not a critisism on the factual side but I feel a bit queesy when you bring news stories like the dead baby and then use so... upbeat music right before and afterwards.

Yeah, that bothered me, too. That's why I didn't fade it in while I was still talking, as I do with other segments.

What is your opinion about veganism anyway Shane?

Mine is basically "If you don't eat meat cause you don't like it, cool.  More for the rest of us.  If you don't eat meat cause you think it makes you more moral, kindly get over yourself."
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 04, 2011, 03:49:34 PM
Yeah, that bothered me, too. That's why I didn't fade it in while I was still talking, as I do with other segments.

What's the download rate on the recent podcasts compared to the initial one?

Just to show how much BS the North Carolina ruling is, here are the signature requirements we have to meet in Florida

# U.S. Senator - 112,174
# Representative in Congress - 2,298
# State Senator - 1,552
# State Representative - 512

Also Shane, have you though about uploading these as videos on your channel?

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on April 05, 2011, 01:20:55 PM
Also Shane, have you though about uploading these as videos on your channel?

I was about to suggest something like that. Maybe a short ad for the podcasts kinda like the vid for the first one, with a small preview and the list of references/links. Itd be a way to keep subscribers on YouTube abreast of new podcasts and to advertise to some who may have missed the initial video.

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 05, 2011, 01:02:09 PM
What is your opinion about veganism anyway Shane?

Mine is basically "If you don't eat meat cause you don't like it, cool.  More for the rest of us.  If you don't eat meat cause you think it makes you more moral, kindly get over yourself."

Even then, meh, everyone's entitled to his own moral code. But extreme veganism like the kind I talked about in the podcast is quite a different thing entirely.