James Randi - Why Skepticism Matters | For Good Reason

Started by AnCap Dave, November 29, 2011, 10:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]VUMjEsK9C90[/yt]

Video's description:
QuoteIn this discussion with D.J. Grothe, James Randi explores the meaning and worth of "skepticism," and explains why skepticism is not the same as cynicism. He talks about the focus of the JREF's mission, and to what extent social issues such as GLBT rights, civil rights, economic equality, church-state separation, feminism and environmentalism are within skepticism's purview. He debates whether God's existence should be a skeptic topic, and reveals why he is an "atheist of the second kind." And he details recent activities at the JREF to challenge charlatans and educate the public about harmful paranormal claims, and how listeners can get directly involved with this important and unique work.

I love this video!
[yt]D9YVPF8nHc4[/yt]
It's so much related to skepticism that i thought I should post it here
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat.

November 23, 2016, 04:50:38 PM #2 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:10:35 PM by MrBogosity
Quote from: RidgeZoth on November 22, 2016, 07:08:32 AM
[spam snipped by MrB]

Shane, I thought n00bs couldn't post...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on November 23, 2016, 04:50:38 PM
Shane, I thought n00bs couldn't post...

They can't post new topics, but they can reply to existing threads. This is the first spammer that's done it, though.