Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's a nifty video from Louis Rossmann (who owns a little hole-in-the-wall shop in NYC that does component-level repair on modern electronics, mostly Apple products that Apple won't fix) showing what kind of company VICE is using their abuse of Jordan Peterson and the horrendous contract they tried to foist on him a couple of years back.

[yt]0cP10DQDVB8[/yt]

[yt]HPj3CyBJrIE[/yt]

Props to the spectators and security having the balls to put a stop to Antifa's antics this time around.  Now if university police everywhere did their job rounded up these nutters.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Police NEVER do their jobs. This audience has it right. Defend yourselves; don't wait for government to do it for you.

Now if that had been a LIBERTARIAN conference at a place that allows guns...

March 11, 2018, 05:37:50 PM #5103 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 05:53:21 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: Dallas Wildman on March 07, 2018, 10:28:27 PM
[yt]HPj3CyBJrIE[/yt]

Props to the spectators and security having the balls to put a stop to Antifa's antics this time around.  Now if university police everywhere did their job rounded up these nutters.

Nothing says: "Happy birthday, Ibrahim!" than people getting into a good fight :D

sorry: Arab Hill-billy side showing XD
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on March 11, 2018, 05:37:50 PM
Nothing says: "Happy birthday, Ibrahim!" than people getting into a good fight :D

sorry: Arab Hill-billy side showing XD

This made me realize how much the Arab and Hillbilly stereotypes have in common:  Stupid, poor religious fanatics who get into multi-generational blood feuds over entirely inconsequential things.  The biggest difference is Hillbillies are also pictured as frequently drunk, which only rich Arabs get pictured as.

And another one from Big Clive.

This time, he's playing about with a an electric cattle prod.

[yt]dZd5_jyhytg[/yt]

And, being Big Clive, of course he has to try it out on bare skin (after discovering it won't go through his clothing).  The fact it won't go through his clothing makes me wonder how well those things actually work on animals, which tend to be covered in clothing-like materials.

Quote from: evensgrey on March 12, 2018, 04:36:12 PM
This made me realize how much the Arab and Hillbilly stereotypes have in common:  Stupid, poor religious fanatics who get into multi-generational blood feuds over entirely inconsequential things.  The biggest difference is Hillbillies are also pictured as frequently drunk, which only rich Arabs get pictured as.

Well, the multi-generational blood feuds do happen among the bedu and the rural folk, and poverty is common. :shrug:

Anyway, I'm really referring to this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/palestinians-fight-back-with-bitter-laughter-1574945.html

Hebronites are seen by other Palestinians the way people in America see the Poles or Hillbillies, or the English see the Welsh or something.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on March 12, 2018, 05:27:22 PM
Well, the multi-generational blood feuds do happen among the bedu and the rural folk, and poverty is common. :shrug:

Anyway, I'm really referring to this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/palestinians-fight-back-with-bitter-laughter-1574945.html

Hebronites are seen by other Palestinians the way people in America see the Poles or Hillbillies, or the English see the Welsh or something.

Jokes about the Welsh told by the English include a few categories not normally included in Pole (or, in Canada, Newfie [resident or native of the island of New Foundland]) jokes, mostly having to do with sheep.  (Incidentally, while Pole and Newfie jokes are usually just swapping the term for the subject group, Pole jokes have a nasty bite to them usually absent in Newfie jokes, as Pole jokes conventionally use the pejorative term Pollack, while Newfie isn't considered pejorative.)

An interesting (if you can stand a lengthy reading of a legal filing) bit from Lawful Masses with Leonard French:

[yt]GJ2l0M4iCO0[/yt]

The short version, a defense attorney in numerous copyright violation cases has found a pattern of apparently fabricated companies and technical experts in numerous copyright cases.  The sort of falsehoods which certainly sounds like the kind of thing that leads to attorneys being lucky if they ONLY get disbarred for it.

If it does lead back to where Mr. French thinks it does, it could be even worse for copyright claimants than the decision that investigators and their employers needed to be licensed as Private Investigators in the relevant jurisdictions (since this could, potentially, lead to criminal charges).  Courts REALLY don't like it when you lie to them in order to introduce evidence from a source that has already been ruled inadmissible under the current circumstances.  (The suspected true source is a German company that US courts are reluctant to allow evidence from.)

Quote from: evensgrey on March 12, 2018, 04:38:17 PMAnd, being Big Clive, of course he has to try it out on bare skin (after discovering it won't go through his clothing).  The fact it won't go through his clothing makes me wonder how well those things actually work on animals, which tend to be covered in clothing-like materials.

That looks different to the one we used, but it DEFINITELY had an effect. Cows did NOT like it. And it was MUCH more annoying to them than being poked with a stick.

Also, if they can be shocked by an electric fence (and they CAN), why wouldn't a cattle prod work?

OK, a really nice and clever picture that brings somebody who's death got overshadowed back in:

So, this takes some background, most of which you can get at the page the picture came from:

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/ottawa/kanata%20author%20illustration%20honour%20pitre%20humboldt%20goes%20viral/17274334/story.html

Pitre is Johnathan Pitre, who was Canadian, and recently died of complications from an experimental treatment for [wiki]Epidermolysis_bullosa[/wiki].  EB had prevented him from playing any sports, and he always had wanted to play hockey.

The Humbolt Broncos are a Canadian junior hockey team who were on a bus trip to a playoff game two days after Johnathan's death when there was a horrific crash with a semi.  Of the 29 people on the bus, 15 died at the scene and a 16th has since died in hospital.

Here's a kind of interesting thing I ran across while looking for a different statute, 18 U.S. Code ยง 1507 - Picketing or parading:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1507

QuoteWhoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Doesn't that sound like the EXACT intentions of BAMN when they show up at a courthouse where a hearing about the mandating of racism is occurring?  How does it come to pass that none of them ever end up in prison for that?

I'm just wondering how it passes First Amendment muster. Also, what does "influencing" mean? It sounds like the thing they use to stop people passing out FIJA fliers.

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 17, 2018, 12:15:31 PM
I'm just wondering how it passes First Amendment muster. Also, what does "influencing" mean? It sounds like the thing they use to stop people passing out FIJA fliers.

I suspect that it is the law they use to stop people passing out FIJA fliers (in those jurisdictions that don't have laws specifically have laws recognizing Nullification, as some states do).

It is generally the case that provisions of the 1st Amendment are not held to immunize actions that would fall under criminal statutes if conducted by different means.  There are other sections that cover other means of attempting to improperly affecting various officials and witnesses, and are usually stronger in their wording.

"Influencing" is usually pretty obvious from what the demonstrators are saying, doing, and have put on their signs.  Note that even violence doesn't seem to get this law actually applied, even in instances when it is quite clear what the rioters are trying to do, as is usually the case when BAMN riots outside a court hearing.

Unlike my previous drunken rant on SCP-3999, this is SCP-3900, which is really, REALLY funny (and, I suppose, could be considered frightening if you look at it the right way, theoretically the SCP foundation is a horror site):

[yt]0GMdTBNplKY[/yt]

[spoiler]Router's WiFi signal summons wolves when the full moon is up, wolf bites man, man begins to emit WiFi-like signals, man bites second man, second man begins emitting WiFi-like signals, second man bites wolf, wolf begins emitting WiFi-like signals and summons WiFi routers when the full moon is up![/spoiler]