Idiot Extraordinaire-Gambian President Yahya Jammeh

Started by Dukect45, September 28, 2013, 04:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteGambia's president warned the United Nations General Assembly on Friday that gays were a threat to human existence, along with excessive greed and obsession with world domination, and criticized other countries for regarding homosexuality as a human right.

"Those who promote homosexuality want to put an end to human existence," Gambian President Yahya Jammeh told the gathering of world leaders in New York. "It is becoming an epidemic and we Muslims and Africans will fight to end this behavior."

"Homosexuality in all its forms and manifestations which, though very evil, antihuman as well as anti-Allah, is being promoted as a human right by some powers," said Jammeh, who is accused by activists of human rights abuses during his rule.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/27/us-un-assembly-gays-idUSBRE98Q19K20130927?feedType=RSS&virtualBrandChannel=11563

Why do people like this hold power.

I second this.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Skm1091 on September 29, 2013, 03:56:52 AM

heh, if he's going to fight homosexuality, he's going to have to fight a lot of Muslim countries--many with better armies and far greater wealth than Gambia. here's a few that have legalized or decriminalized all or some of the LGBT practices (that I know of):

[spoiler]
-Palestinian Territories (west Bank Only)
-Jordan
-Albania
-Turkey (legal since 1858; let that sink in: 1858). Easily the most dangerous potential enemy of his: Turks are famous for their viciousness and absolute courage on the battlefield
-Bahrain
-Indonesia
-Mali
-Iraq
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 29, 2013, 06:26:28 AM
heh, if he's going to fight homosexuality, he's going to have to fight a lot of Muslim countries--many with better armies and far greater wealth than Gambia. here's a few that have legalized or decriminalized all or some of the LGBT practices (that I know of):

[spoiler]
-Palestinian Territories (west Bank Only)
-Jordan
-Albania
-Turkey (legal since 1858; let that sink in: 1858). Easily the most dangerous potential enemy of his: Turks are famous for their viciousness and absolute courage on the battlefield
-Bahrain
-Indonesia
-Mali
-Iraq
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Turkey has best military out of the list you provided me, and they are one of the best in the mid east region along with the Israelis. They also do have a proud military culture like Ottoman's with their Janissary Corp.