WTF

Started by evensgrey, April 21, 2018, 06:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OK, I'm quite drunk and only half-way through this, but WTF AM I LISTENING TO?

[yt]aU2z1SC0uMI[/yt]

This is a reading of an SCP Foundation article.  Imagine the Men In Black (the original comic book or the Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith) but an NGO (a well funded one to boot) and WAAAAAAAYYY shadier considering their undeniably cruel and unusual treatment of "Class D" personnel.  Basically their goal is to contain objects that cannot be reconciled with the laws of physics or mankind's current level of technology.

The source article for this one is here.

I recommend reading up on SCP-093.  There are lots of other channels that do this like the Volgun:
[yt]wIVLwZJs52w[/yt]
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Going back to SCP-3999.  SCP-3999 is (or was) basically an uncontainable reality-warper capable of deleting and re-writing the entire universe on a whim.  The source article is extremely difficult to follow that I had to go another website called "SCP Explained" to get the cliffnotes version.

http://scpexplained.wikidot.com/scp-3999

Some SCP articles are written in such a way it is HARD to figure out what exactly is going on by reading it the first time.  Sometimes it means you have to be familiar with the lore to figure it out.

Other examples of this are:
SCP-732 (a entity that corrupts written documents it comes in contact with, replacing it with semi-legible [and somewhat awful] fan-fiction)
SCP-2521 (an entity you do NOT want to speak its name or mention, else it will appear out of thin air snatch you and then vanish along with you back into thin air)

... now submit yourself to administration of Class A amnestics.

Being drunk, I failed to mention that I've ready many hundreds of these things and listened to dozens of these readings on multiple YouTube channels.

I've come to the conclusion that this thing of simply garbage and the fact it has been passed through the development and review process eliminates any reason to think that the SCP Wiki contains any worthwhile writing.

Quote from: evensgrey on April 22, 2018, 02:56:29 PM
Being drunk, I failed to mention that I've ready many hundreds of these things and listened to dozens of these readings on multiple YouTube channels.

I've come to the conclusion that this thing of simply garbage and the fact it has been passed through the development and review process eliminates any reason to think that the SCP Wiki contains any worthwhile writing.

If SCP has been discussed elsewhere on this forum then all I can do is apologize for a redundant post.  So yeah sometimes you just gotta go to SCP Explained.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on April 22, 2018, 03:00:52 PM
If SCP has been discussed elsewhere on this forum then all I can do is apologize for a redundant post.  So yeah sometimes you just gotta go to SCP Explained.

SCP-3999 doesn't need explanation, it needs deletion.  It's not difficult, it's STUPID.  This isn't an example of any sort of complex and clever writing, it's the prose equivalent of word salad.

Internally, this isn't the result of a contained SCP, but the only way for the documentation to be almost entirely corruption (to the extent half of it is a corrupted copy of a different SCP's documentation) is for the SCP to be contained and gotten access to it's documentation.

This is actually a great deal like the horrendous editing of The Difference Engine that left a third of the book filled with similar random nonsense.

Quote from: evensgrey on April 22, 2018, 03:34:57 PM
SCP-3999 doesn't need explanation, it needs deletion.  It's not difficult, it's STUPID.  This isn't an example of any sort of complex and clever writing, it's the prose equivalent of word salad.

Internally, this isn't the result of a contained SCP, but the only way for the documentation to be almost entirely corruption (to the extent half of it is a corrupted copy of a different SCP's documentation) is for the SCP to be contained and gotten access to it's documentation.

This is actually a great deal like the horrendous editing of The Difference Engine that left a third of the book filled with similar random nonsense.

I actually agree with you on this one.  Indeed, if the first place I have to go to IS "SCP Explained" that's a sign its a bad article.  If not deleted this one needs to be taken back to the drafting room or decomissioned.